Login failed, it appears you are offline (again)

I am confused, I don’t see anywhere to download the cert from that article. They do reference an intermediate cert that I suppose you could copy and paste into a file. This is really rather silly, what cert am I missing? Can you post it here for download, with instructions for importing to either Trusted root or intermediate cert stores. All this to try to see if a tool works? Maybe I will look elsewhere.

For the known issue error, is there a way to access the Komodo Edit menu if I can’t log in? I can’t seem to get past the “Login failed, it appears you are offline” screen. Thank you!

Having same trouble.

Morning @mricci02,

All the information you need is contained in the post I linked and the post it references.

@efurey612 yikes. True enough. Other than hacking the code base, no this isn’t possible.

This could be an option. If either of you are interested in the hackaround let me know what OS you’re on and I can write the instructions.

If not, I know VS Code is rocking the IDE world still though it is super frustrating to have to add EVERY FEATURE post install. Sublime Text is really good I hear as well and in fact using Komodo Edits Code intel under the hood though they would have diverged quite a bit by now.

Hi Carey, any hackaround would be much appreciated. I did download VS Code but ran into the same frustration of adding every feature post install. I’ll check out Sublime Text as well.

In the meantime, please see the below details for my OS:
Edition: Windows 11 Enterprise
Version: 21H2
OS Build: 22000.978

I’m not a computer person so please let me know if this information is sufficient or if anything else is needed. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

For Windows you’ll need to have 7zip installed.

Note that this will break any integrations with the ActiveState Platform and the ActiveState State Tool:

1. Uninstall Komodo then re-install BUT change the install directory to your home folder, something like this C:\Users[yourname]\ActiveState Komodo IDE 12
  2. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users[yourname]\ActiveState Komodo IDE 12\lib\mozilla\chrome
  3. Right click on komodo.jar > 7Zip > Open Archive
  4. Click Extract and extract the folders into the chrome folder
  5. Open the following file in a text editor: content\komodo.js
  6. Comment out line 27 and save.
    1. The line should have the following on it:
      1. auth.authenticated((authenticated) => { if ( ! authenticated) openLoginDialog();});
  7. Rename the original komodo.jar to something else, like orig.komodo.jar
  8. In File Explore, in the chrome folder, ctrl + click on the content, locale and skin folder then right click > 7Zip > Add to archive…
  9. Make sure that zip is selected as the archive format.
  10. Name the file komodo.jar.
  11. Click Ok
  12. You should now have a komodo.jar file and a orig.komodo.jar file in your chrome folder.

You should now be able to start Komodo normally and not hit the login screen.

Edit: made the line of code to change easier to find and explicitly what should be ON that line. Thanks @Andrew_Gilby for asking for clarification!

• Carey

That worked perfectly!! I am now able to open Komodo 12 and run my scripts successfully. Thank you so much!!

Convoluted process but I’m glad it worked!

careyh - these steps did not work for me, I am using.
[Komodo-IDE-12.0.1-91869.msi] from OpenKomodoIDE/installers at master · ActiveState/OpenKomodoIDE · GitHub
can you please assist.

@Rajesh_Mane,

Provide step by step recount of what you tried. Without know what you tried I have no idea what might be wrong.

It worked, thank you for your help!!

IMP Note: making these changes before launching Komodo for the first time.

I have tried to follow these steps and i am unable to accomplish these steps.

I can only download the files from Github it automatically downloads to the download folder and then when I move them to my home screen it does not allow me to export the files from 7-zip to them they are not an option to click on.

I got a new computer and I am trying to download Komodo IED 12 and it gives me a sign failure not connected to the internet. please help me fix this!

Why can you not just download this program and it work? seems like something I missing

Hi @Andrew_Gilby,

Why can you not just download this program and it work? seems like something I missing

Komodo is no longer supported by ActiveState and has been open sourced for a couple years now. That would be the part you’re missing I suspect.

For reference: Komodo IDE Retired and Open Sourced - Announcements - Komodo IDE & Edit | Forums.

I’ll try to give you a hand in your other thread but please stop yelling :slight_smile:

Hello Carey,

Thanks for taking the time to assist with this.

I’ve been contending with this for a few hours and my frustrations aren’t subtle, it appears. Apologies for that!

I tried following your steps but was unable to avoid the log in screen when I launched Komodo, so I’ll hazard I botched a step or something.

Any help would greatly appreciated!

These edits fixed my issues thank you so much!

1 Like

For future persons, the complicated answer is here: Login failed, it appears you are offline (again) - #14 by careyh

Hi Carey,
Thanks for the steps. I am a new user. I installed Komodo IDE 12 on Ubuntu 24.04. I found that after doing your steps, I had to rename (*) the .komodoide folder in my home directory for the new jar to kick in. It did mean I was given the initial setup screen again. Not sure if this is a help for Ubuntu users out there.
Thank you.

(*) I removed my folder, but see Carey’s post below about renaming rather than remove. And he has a link too of how to get your customisation files back to the new .komodoide folder.

1 Like

Hey @gazer1912 ,

That’s interesting. That shouldn’t be necessary but I’ve been wrong many times before.

Can I ask you to update your comment to indicate to future users that they should rename rather than remove that folder? By deleting the .komodoide folder, you delete any and all customizations you’ve made to you Komodo, ie toolbox tools, styling changes, etc.

They could then review this thread [about the Komodo Profile folder]( Important File Locations - How To / Tutorials - Komodo IDE & Edit | Forums to pull files from the renamed folder into their new .komodoide folder to get those customizations back.

Thanks for sharing what you found!

• Carey