Login failed It appears you are offline - Ubuntu

Hi, I’ve just installed Komodo-IDE-12.0.1-91869 and hit the login problem. pystderr.log contains
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

This post https://community.komodoide.com/t/login-failed-it-appears-you-are-offline-again/5903/20 gives details of how to bypass the login check on Windows. I was able to follow the instructions in post #13, up to and including step 7, but the directories mentioned in step 8 do not exist.

Is there a way to bypass the login on Ubuntu?

Looks like the file you’re looking for is in INSTALLDIR/liblmozilla/chrome on Linux @Marghek.

Hi yes, I had found that, and followed the instructions up to and including step 7:

1. Uninstall Komodo then re-install BUT change the install directory to your home folder, something like this C:\Users[yourname]\ActiveState Komodo IDE 12
  2. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Users[yourname]\ActiveState Komodo IDE 12\lib\mozilla\chrome
  3. Right click on komodo.jar > 7Zip > Open Archive
  4. Click Extract and extract the folders into the chrome folder
  5. Open the following file in a text editor: content\komodo.js
  6. Comment out line 456 and save.
  7. Rename the original komodo.jar to something else, like orig.komodo.jar
    But step 8 is:
    In File Explore, in the chrome folder, ctrl + click on the content, locale and skin folder then right click > 7Zip > Add to archive…
    For a start, none of those three directories are in the chrome directory.

@Marghek, you should be able to extrapolate here. The goal is, whatever was in the jar file, you put back in the new jar file. I don’t have a Linux machine on hand to test these steps for you so you’re going to have to do some trial and error.