userChrome.css being overridden?

I’ve added CSS to my userChrome.css for a visible left border on the minimap:

minimap {
    border-left: 1px solid #ddd !important;
}

When Komodo Edit opens, I briefly see the border as I’ve specified, but then it disappears as the program finishes loading. When I use the DOM Inspector, I see my rule, but it appears to be getting overridden by a rule in:
file:///C:/Users/akrawitz/AppData/Local/ActiveState/KomodoEdit/9.3/XRE/userstyleCache/scheme-skinning-partial.css
If I try to edit this file, it just gets overwritten when I start up KomodoEdit, so appearently it is being autogenerated each time the program starts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Komodo Edit 9.3.2, build 16460
Windows 7 Pro SP1

@akrawitz, I’m not sure what might be happening there but could you try using the Stylish addon instead of UserChrome? That is how we now recommend users implement custom styling.

You can install stylish through command under the packages scope.

• Carey

@careyh, thanks for the reply. I’ve installed Stylish, but I can’t figure out how to make any use of it. I’m trying to follow these instructions (Using Stylish), but after I do step 3, choosing Tools -> Addons, then what I see is nothing like what is described and shown. The instructions show an “Add-ons Manager” window, but I’m getting a floating drop-down menu thingy instead, which I believe is the Commando.

Yep, you’re right, it’s Commando. I know that there’s a way to open old Add-on Manager, but I don’t remember how.

@Defman http://docs.komodoide.com/Manual/Komodo-Packages#komodo-packages_accessing-the-old-addon-manager

1 Like