NOVICE - Run command not working

Hi guys, I’m a complete beginner trying to learn code, specifically Python.
I’m learning via LinkedIn Learning’s “Python Essential Learning” and my first hurdle has been met pretty much off the bat. I was happily following along with the tutorial, which so far includes downloading the exercise files and the subsequent software, e.g Python and Komodo Edit.

When trying to simply create run command to open up my first exercise folder, it starting saying that the command isn’t working. Please note: If I manually click on the file, it seems to open up fine. If I try my Ctrl+Shift+R key bind for the command, it gives me this message:

C:\Users\Lenovo\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\python.exe: can’t open file ‘chrome://komodo/content/quickstart.xml#view-quickstart’: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

Any tips? If you need more info please let me know

@TomLearnsCode,

Please have a look at this thread. It will likely have the solution to your problem.

That tutorial is a cause of much trouble and I actually recommend not using it. I’d try the Udacity.com Intro to Computer Science or basically anything else.

If the answer isn’t in that thread and you don’t move on to an unbroken tutorial please share a screenshot of the Run Command you created.

• Carey

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I take on board your advice and I appreciate it.

I tried changing the py “%F” to py “F%” but that still didn’t work.

Here’s my run command:

@TomLearnsCode,

It looks like you’re running the command when you don’t have a file open. You have to open the Python script you want to run.

• Carey