Komodo look and feel not acceptable

This is just another post to let Komodo developers know that I don’t think the look and feel of Komodo 9 and especially 10 is acceptable. Komodo 8.5 looked good but with every version it got worse to a point where the IDE is hardly usable. I would suggest to listen to users instead of trying to discuss them “out” of their feelings.

I appreciate that you don’t like the look and feel of Komodo 10. But your opinion is your own, and not shared by everyone. If you don’t like it please just change the color scheme to one that you do like. One big change in Komodo 10 is to allow people to customize many aspects of the UI to their own liking without having to write any code.

Just stumbled upon this post.

@nathanr: I’ve read dozens of threads or people having the same opinion - the interface and the usablity is definitely not that good.

Just had an issue today where i was wondering why “search in files” isn’t working correctly until i found out by accident that there is a small clickable directional icon…30 minutes of time were gone!. This is just a daily excerpt when working with komodo, i’ll have to hover EVERY time through all the icons to know whats behind them.

Don’t tell me that this is a good usability, never had this kind of problems in old versions of Komodo. You really should listen to us. We have to work daily with this program.

If, for example, 8 out of 10 people have an issue, it’s their opinion too and not shared by everyone. Do you need ALL people sharing the same problems to have a reason to change anything?

Why don’t you start a usability survey to determine our needs and opinions?
This would be the right way to go.

We’re totally open to feedback, but “I don’t like the way it looks” is not feedback we can act on. If you have specific ideas on how to improve the usability of Komodo please report it on our bug tracker.

I agree with many of the comments here. Some of the color decisions are absolutely unreadable and after an hour of looking I cannot find anything in the UI that allows me to change the colors. Perhaps the worst example is in the Watch window. After a new watch is added it is clearly displayed. After the value of the watched variable changes the line becomes invisible to my eyes. I have to click on the watch to be able to see it. I know my eyes are not as good as they used to be, and I do suffer from typical male color ambiguity, but i cannot imaging anyone finds this section of the UI easily readable.

Hey @DEklof,

As nathanr said, please file a bug: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/new

A screenshot would help you’re already quite good description of the issue you’ve found.

Thanks for the pointed and specific feedback.

• Carey

5 posts were split to a new topic: Komodo Find Highlighting hard to see

I personally like Komodo 10 design, it looks modern, clear and I love the shortcut icons and how they are fully customizable and dragable.

I find more bugs issues than design issues.