How to find file?

Hello!

I have some specific config files in some sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-folders, like “config.dat”, everytime I need it i must search for it manually.

So, I wonder if there are any way to “search” files in the places bar, I tried using the “Go to anything” search, but it keeps searching forever.

I like the search bar in the database pane, I would love to have a search bar like that one.

Thank you!

(I don’t have enough money to update to Komodo X)

Open Prefs - Commando and try to change Max Search Depth value. I assume your config.dat is too nesty for Commando to find it. If it doesn’t find any files at all, I think there’s a bug. But first try to change the scope (click on this magnifier icon) to Files, maybe this would help.

1 Like

The only thing I would add to @Defman’s answer is to make sure you’re using a Komodo project to narrow the scope of search to files under your project root.

• Carey

Thank @Defman you for your help, sadly I can not find any file, even if the file is in the main folder.

I am searching for index.php

Is not finding anything, is my search bar broken?

@careyh, I think I am using a Komodo project.

Please share your log file. (Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File)

ok, I have many of these:

[2016-06-02 16:44:01,803] [ERROR] console-logger: Error: ‘ftp://Pascual TMS/web/pascual’ does not have a local path (2) in chrome://komodo/content/library/uriparse.js:168
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “chrome://komodo/content/library/uriparse.js”, line 168, in

[2016-06-02 16:44:01,937] [ERROR] console-logger: Error: ‘ftp://Pascual TMS/web/pascual’ does not have a local path (2) in chrome://komodo/content/library/uriparse.js:168

[2016-06-02 16:44:02,029] [ERROR] console-logger: Error: ‘ftp://Pascual TMS/web/pascual’ does not have a local path (2) in chrome://komodo/content/library/uriparse.js:168

What it means?

Share the full log. These messages means that Komodo can’t do something with your project path because it’s a remote project. I think it’s a bug. I think that Commando does not support searching in Remote dirs.

Ok, I pasted it here: http://pastebin.com/nwkzm5Xv

because I can’t post more than 32000 characters and can not upload a text file.

Most important errors in your log:

[2016-06-02 08:40:39,269] [ERROR] console-logger: 
TypeError: this.sessions[this.activeSession] is undefined (2) in 
chrome://komob/content/sessions.js:551
  File "chrome://komob/content/sessions.js", line 551, in 
[2016-06-02 12:03:12,411] [ERROR] console-logger: 
TypeError: this.tabbox is null (2) in 
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml:481
  File "chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml", line 481, in 
[2016-06-02 14:35:05,657] [ERROR] console-logger: 
Error: Error calling method on NPObject! (2) in 
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ActiveState%20Komodo%20IDE%209%20nightly/lib/mozilla/components/scimoz_wrapper.js:2922
  File 
"file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ActiveState%20Komodo%20IDE%209%20nightly/lib/mozilla/components/scimoz_wrapper.js",
 line 2922, in 

[2016-06-02 14:35:05,665] [ERROR] console-logger: 
NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS: [JavaScript Error: "Error 
calling method on NPObject!" {file: 
"file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ActiveState%20Komodo%20IDE%209%20nightly/lib/mozilla/components/scimoz_wrapper.js"
 line: 2922}]'[JavaScript Error: "Error calling method on NPObject!" 
{file: 
"file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ActiveState%20Komodo%20IDE%209%20nightly/lib/mozilla/components/scimoz_wrapper.js"
 line: 2922}]' when calling method: [ISciMoz::getTextRange] (2) in 
chrome://komodo/content/statusbar.js:192
  File "chrome://komodo/content/statusbar.js", line 192, in 
[2016-06-02 16:26:55,138] [ERROR] console-logger: 
Error: 'ftp://Pascual TMS/web/pascual' does not have a local path (2) in
 chrome://komodo/content/library/uriparse.js:168
  File "chrome://komodo/content/library/uriparse.js", line 168, in 

I don’t know what to do, I don’t understand those errors.

What is that session? I need a session to use Komodo?

It is an FTP problem? It is searching on the FTP folder too? In that case, can I avoid it?

I don’t know what the problem is in this case, I’ve never faced myself with it. AFAIK Komodo X has fixed a lot of FTP errors there and maybe Commando will work in it, but I don’t have an FTP server to test it. I think @careyh could say more.

Is tms a remote folders? Commando can’t search remote paths.

• Carey

It’s a local folder (c:\wamp\www\tms)

Looks like there is a bug with linked folders in a project. I lose file search when I “add” folders to a project.

Thanks for reporting this @stramin and thank you for your patience: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/1657

• Carey
1 Like

Note this is not a bug, but a limitation. We’ll look into adding support for this in Komodo 11.

Commando normally only scans your Places folder. As a workaround you could find the folder you’re interested in by typing an absolute path, then hit right arrow on it and select “Add Shortcut”. Then you can search within your shortcut by typing shortcutName/.

As an example, to add my Downloads folder as a shortcut:

• Search for ~/Downloads
  • Right arrow on my Downloads folder
  • Select “Add Shortcut”
  • Name it “DLS”
  • Open Commando again
  • Search for DLS/

Update: Seems I both missunderstood the bug as well as wrongly remembered that this was in fact implemented. please see the bug for further details. My apologies.

1 Like

@nathanr wasn’t able to reproduce the bug I reported so I retested. I forgot that I had added a remote folder to the project and didn’t note that in the bug.

Adding a remote folder to your project will break Commando File Scope. I’ve updated the ticket to be more clear.

Interestingly enough, if you remove the remote folder, commando works perfectly with local added folders! So no enhancement request needed.

EDIT: so to clarify @stramin, if ANY of those folders is remote then Commando files scope will break.

• Carey
1 Like

You are totally right!

I deleted all my FTP folders and now commando works magically and very fast!

Thank you so much for check it.

Fwiw this will be fixed in the next nightly.

…in the next Komodo X nightly.

He can always use Komodo Edit. Komodo X is the only version that is actively maintained now.