Today I released the first alpha version of Xemmet. Xemmet is a wrapper for a very popular toolkit called Emmet. As you may know, there’s already an Emmet for Komodo, but it uses old Emmet core and legacy API, which makes customizing it very hard.
As for me, I didn’t use a lot of Emmet functionality at all. I has been using Expand Abbreviation a lot and that’s the only feature in Xemmet for now. I’m working on Wrap with Abbreviation feature which I find useful.
You can grab and build it yourself here: https://github.com/Defman21/Xemmet
- It uses Tab for auto-completion.
- It’s built on Komodo SDK.
- It’s easy to extend.
- It’s created by me (it means you can get support for it)
- It does not conflict with your Toolbox (assuming you’re using Tab key for auto-abbreviations)
Why not Xemmet?
- It does not have all the features that original Emmet has.
- They won’t be implemented
- It’s an advanced add-on and requires some knowledge of Komodo add-ons development to customize it
- It’s in alpha and unstable
- It works only with Komodo X (Emmet works in 9 and X)