Version control tab not refreshing

I’m using Komodo IDE 10.1. I don’t use Projects, but I switch a lot between different git repositories via the folder explorer. I typically have files from two to four different repositories open.

When I switch to the version control tab in the bottom panel, it shows information about one project only. I’m not sure how it decides which one, but Log and File History are just for one. When I change the active open editor or click on another file in the directory tree nothing happens. The little refresh button at the bottom on the File History tab doesn’t do anything. If I click the View Full Log button, I get a new window that has the log for the file that I am currently opening.

How do I get the normal tabs of the Version Control panel to refresh and switch to the current file?

Are you running 10.1.4? Could you post your error log after hitting the refresh button? Help > Troubleshooting > View Error Log

Komodo IDE, version 10.1.4, build 89515, platform linux-x86_64. Built on Fri Dec 16 11:00:42 2016.

But I think I’ve found the problem. I didn’t know about that error log (which was called View Log File, not View Error Log btw). When I opened it I saw that I had an older Addon that was left over from probably Komodo 8 that was massively broken. After I removed it the problem went away. I’ll use it for a while and especially keep an eye on it after Komodo was running for a few days.

I also see another error which keeps popping up every second. I’ll open a new question for that.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like