Update failed: Update XML file malformed (200)

Update failed: Update XML file malformed (200)
For more than a month I have seen this message when trying to update Komodo IDE.
What should I do to make the update work correctly?

I started seeing this only today.

What version of Komodo (Help menu > About Komodo) and what OS + Verison?

oh, sorry:
Komodo IDE, version 12.0.1, build 91869, platform win32-x86.
Built on Mon Feb 10 18:14:23 2020.
Windows 7 x64 SP1 (with all updates)

Same IDE version for me, on Windows 10 Pro v1909 (build 18363.900)

Windows 10 LTSC x64 - the same problem

Same problem on MacOS 10.15.5
Build info:
Komodo IDE, version 12.0.1, build 91869, platform macosx. Built on Mon Feb 10 19:05:50 2020.

Thanks everyone. Looks like an expired SSL cert when Komodo pings the update server. We’ll get that updated ASAP.

FYI there are no updates from the version you’re all on so you’re not missing out on anything.

• Carey

@careyh Any update on this? It’s now been 17 days since your post.

“XML file malformed” seems a strange message for an expired SSL cert …

I’m running Windows 10 Home v1903, build 18362.900
I do have the latest Komodo IDE, version 12.0.1, build 91869, platform win32-x86.
Built on Mon Feb 10 18:14:23 2020.

I would like to make sure that I will get the next update when it is available.

XXI century is outside. How is the battle with the SSL certificate progressing?
The problem is still not solved.

I accidentally found out that update 12.0.1-91874 was released on July 13, but only for linux and macos. And when will it be for windows?

Sorry folks. Getting back on this. Again though, there are no relevant updates to be had, unless, like @Vladislav, you’re on the nightly. There isn’t anything interesting in the nightly.

@Vladislav, fixed the Windows build this morning. It’ll be available tomorrow at noon PST, unless the builds all can miraculously finish before noon TODAY.

I’ll report back on both fronts as updates come in.

• Carey

Server’s been updated yesterday around 3pm PST. Feel free to ping for updates all you like now!

@Vladislav, fixing the Windows build is going to take longer than expect unfortunately. Once it’s up though, if you’re already using a nightly, you’ll get a notification to update.

This update issue on Windows 10 is still not fixed yet.

1 Like

This is a different issue and was resolved but people keep coming across this and a github ticket so I’ll link them together.: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/3908

Updates will happen in the github ticket.

• Carey

This is probably an extremely difficult task if it is not solved for so long.
Maybe we need to announce this problem somewhere else?
Just take it and write to the New York Times?

@Vladislav, whomever you speak to at The NYT, make sure they direct their questions to the Github ticket.

2 Likes