Unable to copy and paste and problems with file names text boxes

That path doesn’t look right. The default path for a Komodo install should have more spaces; C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\. You could try @defman’s suggestion of dragging and dropping the executable onto the CMD window.

• Carey

I have tried to find the executable path by going into File Explorer text box :
Windows(c:)\Program Files(x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE9
In the extreme right corner of this text box, there is a “Search ActiveState Komodo IDE9” search box
and listed in this search box are php.exe, php.ini and mysql.exe
I am unsure of which one of these three to type in as the executable at the end of the second command line in thecommand box.
Guidance Please.

I am attaching the results of my latest attemp to find the komodo executable. The path is rejected as incorrect.

I typed this at the command line
> where komodo
I got this
c:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9 \komodo.exe
I then typed this
>set KOMODO_USERDATADIR=%TEMP%\ko
>c:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\komodo.exe
I got this error
’c:\Program’ is not recognised as an internal or externalcommand, operable program or batch file.
The system is not accepting the path I got at the > where komodo command as valid !!!
I could not drag the path I got at the >where komodo command to the second command line.

Try "C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\komodo.exe", like
>"C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\komodo.exe"

I have done so and got the error :
The system cannot find the path specified.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9 in the file browser (explorer or however it’s called), find komodo.exe in the folder and drag the exe onto the cmd.

I have found komodo.exe in
C:\Program Files(x86)\ActiveState Komodo IDE 9\lib\mozilla\komodo.exe
The command prompt still rejected this path as avalid path.
So I opened komodo by going to the komodo icon on this path in File Explorer and clicking Open on the context menu.
When komodo opened, I tried to drag the cusror to make selections in serveral of the files I have prepared previuosly in komodo. I was still unable to do any selections.

It’s not what we’re asking to do. Anyway, leaving it to @careyh, don’t know what’s going on there (I’m not a Windows user, huh)

You are missing quotes around your command.

Please follow the instructions given here to the letter, you seem to have a tendency to glance over posts and only partially execute the steps. Not trying to criticise you, hell I’m guilty of doing that myself often, but as the end-goal here is to help you I feel it’s worth pointing out.

I do not want to continue with this. I have included quotes around paths in the command prompt and nothing has worked. I have excluded quotes from paths in the command prompt and nothing has worked. And I am getting the blame for all of this ? !!
I will buy the program anyway and use the context menu for my copy and past operations until there is an update that manages to fix the copy and paste issue in the program. No more emails to me please.

We don’t blame you :wink:
To stop receiving email notifications, just disable them in your Preferences.

Sorry you feel that way. We have given you the steps required to potentially resolve your issue, it’s up to you to follow them. From everything you have shared it seems fairly obvious that you are not following the instructions properly.

I don’t see how my telling you that you are following steps incorrectly needs to be taken as some sort of offence, I’m just trying to help you. If you are unwilling to hear that then please feel free to turn off notifications and ignore. You are the only one that has reported this problem, we’re more than happy to resolve it but that just isn’t going to happen unless you help us find the issue.

As I have said, I am going to buy the program early next week and use the context menu for my copy and paste operations until an update comes up in future to fix the copy and paste issue.I will sstill have dealings with ActiveState in future as a customer and I hope that in the future I will not be condescended to because I am not used to being condescended to.
Best Regards.
Moses Mirundi