Tooltip text not visible

Hello,

I’ve found some kind of glitch/bug in Komodo Edit. The tooltip text is not visible except the selected item. The other items are not visible because of the white text on the white background. When pressing “up/down arrow” keys, only the highlighted item can be seen. See the attached screenshots.

I use Fedora Linux with Mate desktop. I’ve found that using of the GreenLaguna desktop theme (my current theme) and GnomishBeige desktop theme (similar to previous one) leads to this error. The error occurs when using any language, not only PHP (like on screenshots). When using another theme, the “invisible text error” does not appear.

I also tried to change the settings in Edit >> Preferences >> Appearance  >> Interface (Autodetect Skin and Skin values). However, those changes had no effect.

So there is quick & easy workaround: not to use GreenLaguna or GnomishBeige desktop theme, however, I would rather know how to fix this error. Is it possible to configure the colours of the tooltip text? If yes, how can this be done?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

I think you can. Try this:
https://community.activestate.com/forum-topic/setting-tooltip-color
Of course, @nathanr can say more about this.

2 Likes

It appears the GTK theme you’re using is not playing nice with certain Mozilla elements. You could try hard coding the color values of autocomplete items with Stylish. Try something like:

scintilla > panel[anonid="autocompletepopup"] .ko-autocomplete-item
{
    color: #000 !important;
}

scintilla > panel[anonid="autocompletepopup"] .ko-autocomplete-item[focused],
scintilla > panel[anonid="autocompletepopup"] .ko-autocomplete-item:hover
{
    color: #FFF !important;
}
2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure but I think the element type mentioned there does not cover the autocomplete popup.

Pasting of these rules into userChrome.css file worked as a perfect solution. Thank you guys!

EDIT: Another minor issue with install.sh script moved to separate thread.