Switching to command output after running python code

I am new to Komodo and need help changing panes from the editor to the command output after running the code without using the mouse. I am using a command %(python) “%F” to run the code and I was wondering if it was possible to automatically switch to the command output pane for inputting into the program? Thanks in advance!!

Also every time I click back on the editor after inputting in the command output, I cant type anything in the editor.

Hi @smokeyflave,

There is a command call “Focus on bottom pane” that should do that but it doesn’t appear to be working. I’ve filed a bug for it: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/36

I haven’t tried the second use case but i want to confirm that you mean the “back” button that appears in the toolbar? I’ll give that a try now.

• Carey

RE can’t type in Editor: You mean when you return focus to the editor after entering your input in the output tab you can no longer type, correct? I’m not able to reproduce this. I used raw_input in my script, passed it input and completed the script, click back on the editor and I’m able to type.

What version of Komodo are you on? Help menu > About Komodo.

• Carey