Running powershell scripts

Is there a template for PowerShell and if so does komodo support it? Meaning if I write a script the color coding and error management is there.

Hi @tdadmin,

You can actually add this support through Projects > New From Template > Komodo Language. You should be able to get most of what you’re looking for through that tool.

Let us know if you need more help with that.

• Carey

Do you mean “Projects > New From Template > Create Komodo Language”? If so it just opens up a path and gives me the name “MyProject.komodoproject” as a name. See path below.

“C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\9.3\samples\python_tutorials”

Yep, that’s the one. Create the project file in a location that makes sense for you then continue through the process.

• Carey

ok I may not be understanding how this works. I cant seem to make this work. I don’t see the template once I create to write a powershell script in komodo.

I don’t think a template file is added but now that you mention it, it’s odd that there isn’t an option for that when you step through the language Wizard. I created an enhancement request, thanks for the idea: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/1186

For now you’ll need to simple save a new File Template: File > Save As Other > Template… You can choose *.ps1 as the file extension in the save as window.

• Carey

Yeah it doesn’t recognize PowerShell at all. No color coding or anything. which I think it is funny since PowerShell it is one of the languages that is in the IDE. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or what lol.

If I haven’t given you enough information yet then I don’t really know what you’re asking for @tdadmin. Please give specific details of what you want.

• Carey