Could you add any missing details? I’d be interested to know if this was working for you before and then after a change, it stopped working. eg. Byebug version change, Ruby version change, a different version of Komodo working, etc.
Hi Carey -
It was definitely not a Ruby or a Byebug version change. Neither of those have changed on my Mac in about 9 months. It seems to have stopped working after the last patch for Komodo 11.1. I do not debug Ruby very often but it has been broken for at least a few months now.
If this is the first you have heard of it, I would say it has not been reported. Not trying to be glib or sarcastic. /shrug/
I dug up a bunch of past history that will hopefully be helpful to you. Or not, because contrary to my earlier response, both Ruby and Byebug have upgraded on my machine since the last time I checked.
So this is what worked for me a few months ago (the last time I did a project in Ruby):
Now, since then I have had an RVM issue, ripped out all my Rubies (except the Mac default) and started over again. My current setup is this:
Default Ruby is 2.5.1p57
Default Gem List shows byebug (10.0.2, 9.0.6)
When I try to run anything in Ruby - even the good old ‘puts “hello world”’ I get the response Peter did above.
If there is anything you want me to try or modify let me know and I’m happy to help out.
Thanks for rechecking things. For now I think I’m good. I updated the ticket I filed with your added info. Hopefully ByeBug didn’t change it’s interface too drastically and it’s just passing some extra optional arg to Komodo that I can ignore or use.
@pemcg or @bellbrad13, I have a test build that I’m able to send either of you if you email firstname.lastname@example.org. I only had time to try a quick patch but don’t have time right now to test on OSX then pass to QA for a quick once over. If you want to give it a try email above and i’ll send you a link to download.
Looks like my fix didn’t work and Byebug changed significantly enough to break integration with Komodo. The only thing I can recommend for now is roll Byebug back to a version that worked. I have a few minutes this morning that i’m going to use to figure out which version works.