Ruby 2.2 problem in Komodo IDE 9.1

When I try to debug a Ruby 2.2 script in the latest Komodo IDE 9.1 this error pops up-

Error: cannot load such file – ruby-debug-base
c:/ruby22/lib/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' c:/ruby22/lib/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:inrequire’
C:/Program Files (x86)/ActiveState Komodo IDE 9/lib/support/dbgp/rubylib/rdbgp/loader.rb:21:in <top (required)>' c:/ruby22/lib/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:inrequire’
c:/ruby22/lib/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' C:/Program Files (x86)/ActiveState Komodo IDE 9/lib/support/dbgp/rubylib/rdbgp.rb:99:inget_going’
C:/Program Files (x86)/ActiveState Komodo IDE 9/lib/support/dbgp/rubylib/rdbgp.rb:113:in <top (required)>' c:/ruby22/lib/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:inrequire’
c:/ruby22/lib/ruby/2.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in require' The Komodo ruby debugger couldn't load the ruby-debug-base component. This library ships with Komodo, but also can be installed by runninggem install ruby-debug-base’

Tried running gem install ruby-debug-base but unfortunately I cant install that gem . Please help.

Unfortunately we do not support Ruby 2.2 debugging: http://docs.activestate.com/komodo/9.1/debugger.html#debugger_top

The latest version we support is 2.0.

• Carey

Will Ruby 2.2 be supported in the near future?

Absolutely something we want to support and are looking into, but hard to say right now when support will arrive exactly.

Unfortunately the debugging library we were using is no longer maintained and does not work with newer versions of Ruby, so for us to support newer versions of Ruby we essentially have to redo our Ruby debugger.

I kind of thought that would be the case. But it would be really great if support for the latest version of Ruby is there in the future.

Any news?
Without debugger Komodo unusable for Ruby… we will have to switch to another IDE… :frowning:

Afraid not, something like this is a big undertaking and likely won’t land in a minor (eg. 9.x) release.