Q: Resetting preferences RE showing whitespace and line-ending characters?

Q: Is there some means of clearing all file-level and/or project-level preferences controlling whether whitespace and/or line-ending characters are displayed? Same question for indent-related settings?

I would like to make sure that the editor’s global settings are applied for everything. I seem to have some files configured one way and others configured differently – although I am reasonably certain I have never actually toggled those for individual files – and I would like to get everything reset to a consistent state based on the editor’s global preferences.

Try deleting doc-state.xmlc.

I’ve added an enhancement request to facilitate this process, as it seems to be happening often that someone wants to do this: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/126

@nathanr Thanks, I will give that a try.

Having said that, there seems to be something going on with how some of the global settings are dealt with at the file level that just doesn’t make sense to me. In playing with this over the weekend, it almost seems like these particular settings (showing line endings, showing whitespace, maybe indentations-related settings?) get set at the file level the first time I open a file – based on whatever the global settings are at that point – but then get retained at the file level from then on, even if I never actually explicitly set them at the file level, and subsequent changes at the global level have no effect.

I would expect files to inherit global- and project-level settings until and unless I specifically ask to have the file’s settings be different, but that’s not what’s happening.

And, yes, I realize I’ve probably done a terrible job explaining that. :smile:

At one point over the weekend, I found an open bug in the (old) Komodo bug tracker that sort of felt relevant to this but I can’t seem to find it this morning… I will do a bit of digging this evening to see if I can track it down.

Yeah file level prefs are being set way too often and without proper indication of causation. Definitely something I want to improve upon but risky to touch for a minor update. Will hopefully be able to delve in for Komodo 9.1.

1 Like

That did the trick. Thanks!