Mapped URIs not working

I thought we had this one solved, @careyh but… one final problem: URI Mapping.

Komodo remote debugger is working fine and returning appropriate responses with the SSH tunnels to and from the remote server (both initiated from the local machine) as detailed above; however, URI mapping seems to be getting confused.

When the Debugger starts up, a dialogue opens that says:
“The URI ‘file://127.0.0.1/path/to/remote_directory/index.php’ could not be opened. You can still use a URI mapping…”

I select “Yes” to “set up a mapping now” which brings us to the next dialogue: “URI Mapping”:

"URI: " is already populated with “file://127.0.0.1/path/to/remote_directory” for “Local”

In "Maps to: ", I click on “Remote” that brings up the “Open Remote Folder” dialogue.

I select my remote_server (and I know this server is set up correctly because I have been downloading and editing and saving files to the remote server in Komodo for a bit now).

I select the directory on the remote server where the index.php file in question lives: /path/to/remote_directory

I click “Select” which brings me back to the URI Mapping dialogue and displays: “sftp://remote_server/path/to/remote_directory” in the “Maps to” Remote textfield.

I have “Save mapping to” set to “Global Preferences”

This all seems to work but then pops up “The URI ‘file://127.0.0.1/path/to/remote_directory/index.php’ could not be opened. You can still use a URI mapping…” again. Now I am in an infinite loop.

The settings are successfully saved and visible at: Komodo>Preferences>Mapped URIs

My question is:
Since Komodo thinks the local file is at ‘file://127.0.0.1/path/to/remote_directory/index.php’, shouldn’t Komodo be able to map the Remote File via sftp per the above successfully? My suspicion is that Komodo is getting confused as to what is local and what is remote with the SSH tunnels.

Any feedback will, as always, be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Follow-up:
One problem may be with Mac OS. The /home directory is protected on the mac and can’t really be used for much of anything directly by the user whereas my remote /home directory on linux is where all the users live. Now, I thought about adding an /alt_home symlink on my remote server, but I then also need to open up security permissions for anyone but root to be able to access anything there. That seems ill advised.

Another option would perhaps be to reconfigure the server to look somewhere other than /home/user_name/public_html but that is rather a nuisance. I’ll plug away at it for a bite more and if I come up with a solution, I’ll place it here.

Hey @fctiv, I moved this to a new thread as it’s not directly related to the original post, ie. the solution here has nothing to do with the solution that fixes the original post.

Yes Komodo should be able to do what you’re trying to do. That dialog is amazingly confusing. Could I get you to take a screenshot of your map configuration? I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the URI field got populated with a path that has file:// as the protocol. I would think it should be http.

NOTE

This is the confusing bit. That top field and the Local button are not related at all. Both the Local and Remote buttons populate the bottom text field. The dialog is saying Map this URI to either this local directory or this remote directory. It took me ages to finally realize that. Any way, you didn’t edit it or click on Local so we should be good there…moving on.

One thing to confirm is that the directory you selected when you clicked Remote is the webroot of your server, ie. when you go to example.com you’ve selected the folder that points to.

Just want to reiterate (i’m sure you got it already but just want to make sure), Komodo does not think this is the “local” path. It’ just a poorly designed UI which makes it look like that button is related to the “URI” field.

So please share a screenshot of your mapping config, check that you’re pointing at webroot of your server in the second text field in the config dialog, and maybe some logs (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File) if nothing else helps.

• Carey

Thanks, @careyh!

The screenshot may help explain some of my confusion (as you have mentioned - a bit confusing on the UI - but I get it now).

The URI was pre-populated (with file:// as you mentioned above) when this URI mapping window opened up.

I’ll play around with this and change the URI to an http://. Sorry for my confusion on this one. I should be able to get it to work now.

Thanks again!

Fred

That’s weird that the URI is being populated with an absolute path like that but this is a bit of a special scenario.

In a normal situation when you start your debug session (http://example.com/test?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=test_key1) komodo would get a request to debug http://example.com/test/index.php and the suggested URI would be http://example.com since that implicitly (explicitly?) points at your public_html based on your config.

I wonder if it will work if you change the URI to file://127.0.0.1/, also try http://127.0.0.1/ while you’re there.

• Carey

If you have interest on working on this problem further, I’m happy to help on this end. Otherwise, I went ahead and set up a local test server this evening that works with the debugger and have abandoned my personal efforts of doing debugging with Komodo on the remote server (I was spending too much time trying to get it working). I did; however, try the above recommendations and here are the results if you do have interest. If not, I do greatly appreciate all the help and effort!

URI: file://127.0.0.1:

The error log for this file://127.0.0.1 test is:

[2018-05-07 23:03:12,395] [ERROR] koSFTPConnection: SFTP do_getParentPath ERROR: No such file
ERROR:xpcom:Unhandled exception calling 'int8 * read(in int32, optional out uint32, out retval Array[]);'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/Resources/python/xpcom/server/policy.py", line 303, in _CallMethod_
    return 0, func(*params)
  File "/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/Resources/python/komodo/URIlib.py", line 975, in read
    return conn.readFile(self._uri.path)
  File "<XPCOMObject method 'readFile'>", line 3, in readFile
Exception: 2147500037 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
[2018-05-07 23:03:16,639] [ERROR] views: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIDocument.load]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/views.js :: viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI :: line 322"  data: no]
+ toString (function) 3 lines
+ message (string) 'Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIDocument.load]'
+ result (number) 2147500037
+ name (string) 'NS_ERROR_FAILURE'
+ filename (string) 'chrome://komodo/content/views.js'
+ lineNumber (number) 322
+ columnNumber (number) 0
+ inner (object) null
| + data (object) null
| + stack (string) 'viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:322:12
viewManager.prototype.'...318 chars
+ location (object) JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/views.js :: viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI :: line 322
| + QueryInterface (function) 3 lines
| + language (number) 2
| + languageName (string) 'JavaScript'
| + filename (string) 'chrome://komodo/content/views.js'
| + name (string) 'viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI'
| + lineNumber (number) 322
| + columnNumber (number) 12
| + sourceLine (string) ''
| + caller (object) JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/views.js :: viewManager.prototype._doFileOpen :: line 457
| + formattedStack (string) 'viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:322:12
| + stack
    viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:322:12
    viewManager.prototype._doFileOpen@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:457:11
    viewManager.prototype._doFileOpenAtLine@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:517:12
    viewManager.prototype.doFileOpenAtLineAsync/<@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:586:19
-- EXCEPTION END --
[2018-05-07 23:03:16,920] [ERROR] koSFTPConnection: SFTP do_getParentPath ERROR: No such file
ERROR:xpcom:Unhandled exception calling 'int8 * read(in int32, optional out uint32, out retval Array[]);'
  File "/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/Resources/python/xpcom/server/policy.py", line 303, in _CallMethod_
    return 0, func(*params)
  File "/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/Resources/python/komodo/URIlib.py", line 975, in read
[2018-05-07 23:03:18,403] [ERROR] views: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIDocument.load]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/views.js :: viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI :: line 322"  data: no]
+ message (string) 'Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIDocument.load]'
+ inner (object) null
| + data (object) null
| + stack (string) 'viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:322:12
+ location (object) JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/views.js :: viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI :: line 322
| + language (number) 2
| + caller (object) JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/views.js :: viewManager.prototype._doFileOpen :: line 457
| + formattedStack (string) 'viewManager.prototype._newViewFromURI@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:322:12
| + stack
    viewManager.prototype.doFileOpenAtLineAsync/<@chrome://komodo/content/views.js:586:19
-- EXCEPTION END --

URI: http://127.0.0.1

The error log for this http://127.0.0.1 test is:

[2018-05-07 23:00:44,385] [ERROR] editorconfig: Invalid filename specified
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,435] [WARNING] prefs: The '1' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,487] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,488] [WARNING] prefs: The 'hasFocus' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,540] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,542] [WARNING] prefs: The 'opened_projects_v7' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,604] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,605] [WARNING] prefs: The 'current_project' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,659] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,666] [WARNING] prefs: The 'topview' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,729] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,730] [WARNING] prefs: The 'windowNum' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,784] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,784] [WARNING] prefs: The 'restoreOnRestart' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,851] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,852] [WARNING] prefs: The 'timestamp' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,899] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,899] [WARNING] prefs: The 'history_rctabs' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,952] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:44,953] [WARNING] prefs: The 'rctabs_list' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:45,031] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:45,033] [WARNING] prefs: The 'ui.tabs.sidepanes.state' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:45,091] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.
[2018-05-07 23:00:54,173] [WARNING] prefs: The '__all__' preference has changed while the pref window was open. If you get this message, a pref panel is incorrectly modifying prefs and the modified value will be lost.

Of other interest, the dialogue for URI mapping only launches if I have “Initial Break Behavior” set to “Break on first executable line” in Komodo>Preferences>Debugger AND if the URI map is set to http://127.0.0.1 (rather than file://127.0.0.1). I can then step through all the code in the debugger until the results are returned to the browser.

If I change this to “Run to first breakpoint”, the URI mapping dialogue doesn’t launch; however, the debugger executes the code and returns markup to the remote server browser but breakpoints are ignored in the remote server php code. I know everything ran through Komodo because I can see the debugger output in Komodo as the code is executing and it’s not until I see the output in Komodo that the page loads on the remote server.

Nothing shows up in the error log when running to the first breakpoint.

My suspicion remains that the tunnel is confusing Komodo about where the request to debug is coming from. I tried setting the URI to http://127.0.0.1:9001 but got the same results.

Thanks again! This has been a fun (although a bit frustrating) exercise.

Fred

I do have another question.

Just to clarify what you said above:
With URI set to file://127.0.01 Komodo did NOT ask if you wanted to setup a new mapping which would mean this config is correct so far.

It then proceeds to try and open your mapped path to run the debugger on but an error dialog appears telling you the file doesn’t exist. The Logs confirm that the SFTP connection couldn’t find “the path” (whatever that path is).

If that’s true then we are sooo close.
Can you try this when you have time? I have a Userscript that will enable debug logging on that SFTP connection code so we can see what Komodo tries too open.

• create a new Userscript in your toolbox
  • paste the code below into it
import logging
logging.getLogger("koSFTPConnection").setLevel(logging.DEBUG)
  • set userscript language to Python at the top of the dialog
  • click Ok to save to toolbox
  • restart Komodo (clears logs)
  • double click new userscript in toolbox to run it
  • reproduce the issue

Send me the logs.

WARNING These logs may have sensitive info in them so please check them before you share the koSFTPConnection debug output.

This should show us what path Komodo is actually trying to open then perhaps we can adjust the Maps to field to fix whatever might be going wrong there.

• Carey

NOTE: The solution is at the bottom of this reply.

Correct.

Correct.

&

They are:
[2018-05-08 18:15:54,898] [INFO] Startup: Welcome to Komodo IDE 11.0.2 build 90813 (platform macosx, running on Darwin 16.7.0 version Darwin Kernel Version 16.7.0: Tue Jan 30 11:27:06 PST 2018; root:xnu-3789.73.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64)
[2018-05-08 18:15:54,898] [INFO] Startup: /Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/MacOS/komodo built on Mon Dec 4 09:43:06 2017
[2018-05-08 18:15:55,147] [WARNING] koInitService: Unable to determine the current locale settings, defaulting to mac-roman
[2018-05-08 18:15:55,787] [WARNING] console-logger: mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create (1) in resource://gre/modules/Preferences.jsm:381
[2018-05-08 18:15:55,848] [WARNING] root: [object Object].logging has been converted to a CommonJS module; use require(“ko/logging”) instead (since Komodo 9.0.0a1).
@chrome://komodo/content/komodo.js:15:1

[2018-05-08 18:15:56,418] [ERROR] console-logger: bad script XDR magic number (0) in :0
  File "", line 0, in 

[2018-05-08 18:15:56,871] [WARNING] keybindings: [Shift+Down] was used for 'cmd_selectLineNext', overriding to use 'cmd_selectLineNext'
[2018-05-08 18:15:56,878] [WARNING] keybindings: [Ctrl+D] was used for 'cmd_addNextSubstringToCaretSet', overriding to use 'cmd_vim_scrollHalfPageDown'
[2018-05-08 18:16:02,770] [WARNING] ko.widgets: Could not restore widget unittest-widget
[2018-05-08 18:16:02,773] [WARNING] ko.widgets: Could not restore widget symbolbrowser-widget
[2018-05-08 18:16:02,872] [DEBUG] ko.launch: versioncheck on http://docs.komodoide.com/changelog/11
[2018-05-08 18:16:03,311] [INFO] koInitService: Adding pre startup service for 'koFileStatusService': '@activestate.com/koFileStatusService;1'
[2018-05-08 18:16:03,423] [INFO] codeintel/process: Starting CodeIntel
[2018-05-08 18:16:03,425] [DEBUG] codeintel/process: PYTHONPATH: /Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/MacOS/../lib/python2.7;/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/SharedSupport/dbgp/pythonlib;/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/codeintel@activestate.com/content/../pylib/codeintel/lib;/Applications/Komodo IDE 11.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/codeintel@activestate.com/content/../pylib/codeintel/env/Lib/site-packages
[2018-05-08 18:16:03,473] [INFO] elastic_tabstops: Elastic tabstops loaded.
[2018-05-08 18:16:03,503] [INFO] komodospellchecker: Spell checker loaded.
[2018-05-08 18:16:03,503] [INFO] komodospellchecker: Using dictionary en-US
[2018-05-08 18:16:06,894] [INFO] koInitService: Adding pre startup service for 'KoMemoryReporter': '@activestate.com/koMemoryReporter;1'
[2018-05-08 18:16:06,942] [INFO] koInitService: Adding pre startup service for 'koCommandmentService': '@activestate.com/koCommandmentService;1'
[2018-05-08 18:16:06,947] [INFO] koInitService: Adding pre startup service for 'koDBGPManager': '@activestate.com/koDBGPManager;1'
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,044] [ERROR] console-logger: Exception while registering Focus Mode (0) in resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/focusmode@activestate.com/bootstrap.js:11
  File "resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/focusmode@activestate.com/bootstrap.js", line 11, in 

[2018-05-08 18:16:08,081] [ERROR] console-logger: [object Object] (0) in resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/focusmode@activestate.com/bootstrap.js:12
  File "resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/focusmode@activestate.com/bootstrap.js", line 12, in 

[2018-05-08 18:16:08,663] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koLessProtocolHandler.js:154
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,664] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koLessProtocolHandler.js:154
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,664] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koLessProtocolHandler.js:154
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,667] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koLessProtocolHandler.js:154
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,667] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koLessProtocolHandler.js:154
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,668] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koLessProtocolHandler.js:154
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,970] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in chrome://unittest/content/views/panel.xul:0
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,970] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in chrome://unittest/content/views/panel.xul:0
[2018-05-08 18:16:08,971] [WARNING] console-logger: XUL box for tab element contained an inline #text child, forcing all its children to be wrapped in a block. (1) in chrome://unittest/content/views/panel.xul:0
[2018-05-08 18:16:10,356] [DEBUG] codeintel/process: stdout: 
port:50324

pid:3260

[2018-05-08 18:16:10,357] [INFO] codeintel/process: CodeIntel started on port 50324
[2018-05-08 18:16:10,357] [DEBUG] codeintel/process: Calling callbacks for: started, number: 1
[2018-05-08 18:16:11,764] [DEBUG] console: warn: SCC History: Error 128 running '/usr/bin/git log --pretty=medium --no-decorate --max-count=25'
  in ‘/Users/user_name/Workspace': 
fatal: your current branch 'master' does not have any commits yet

[2018-05-08 18:16:12,050] [WARNING] console-logger: mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create (1) in file:///Applications/Komodo%20IDE%2011.app/Contents/Resources/components/koamAddonManager.js:138
[2018-05-08 18:16:12,053] [DEBUG] ko.launch: Response: http://docs.komodoide.com/__omnigollum__/auth/github?origin=%2Fcreate%2Fchangelog%2F11 (404)
[2018-05-08 18:16:12,054] [DEBUG] ko.launch: versioncheck on http://docs.komodoide.com/changelog/110
[2018-05-08 18:16:12,549] [DEBUG] ko.launch: Response: http://docs.komodoide.com/__omnigollum__/auth/github?origin=%2Fcreate%2Fchangelog%2F110 (404)
[2018-05-08 18:16:15,970] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Django XHTML Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:15,983] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Django Text Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:15,983] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Django Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:15,983] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Laravel Blade Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:15,983] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'SGML'
[2018-05-08 18:16:16,001] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Django XML Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:16,005] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Smarty Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:16,008] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'Django HTML Template'
[2018-05-08 18:16:16,023] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'UDL'
[2018-05-08 18:16:34,982] [DEBUG] console: warn: SCC History: Error 128 running '/usr/bin/git log --pretty=medium --no-decorate --max-count=25'
  in ‘/Users/user_name/Workspace': 
fatal: your current branch 'master' does not have any commits yet

[2018-05-08 18:16:35,245] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:361
[2018-05-08 18:16:35,245] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:366
[2018-05-08 18:16:35,369] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:361
[2018-05-08 18:16:35,371] [WARNING] console-logger: Empty string passed to getElementById(). (1) in chrome://global/content/bindings/richlistbox.xml:366
[2018-05-08 18:17:02,140] [ERROR] console-logger: TypeError: tab is undefined (2) in viewbrowser:133
  File "viewbrowser", line 133, in 

[2018-05-08 18:17:03,999] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: Checking that the SSH connection is alive
[2018-05-08 18:17:03,999] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: Getting path info for: /
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,285] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getParentPath: '/' -> '/'
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,286] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: list: (refresh:False) path: '/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php'
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,287] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: list: path is not cached, getting info
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,287] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: Getting path info for: /home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,406] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: error: No such file on path '/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php'
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,406] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: _getEncodedFilepath:: filepath: u'/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php', rfinfo: None
[2018-05-08 18:17:04,526] [ERROR] koSFTPConnection: SFTP do_getParentPath ERROR: No such file
    return 0, func(*params)
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,553] [ERROR] views: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
+ inner (object) null
| + data (object) null
| + language (number) 2
| + stack
-- EXCEPTION END --
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,600] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: list: (refresh:False) path: '/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php'
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,600] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: list: path is not cached, getting info
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,600] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: Getting path info for: /home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,719] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: error: No such file on path '/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php'
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,719] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: _getEncodedFilepath:: filepath: u'/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php', rfinfo: None
[2018-05-08 18:17:09,836] [ERROR] koSFTPConnection: SFTP do_getParentPath ERROR: No such file
    return 0, func(*params)
[2018-05-08 18:17:10,916] [ERROR] views: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
+ inner (object) null
| + data (object) null
| + language (number) 2
| + stack
-- EXCEPTION END --

Relevant Lines appear to be:

1. [2018-05-08 18:17:09,600] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: list: (refresh:False) path: ‘/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php’
  2. [2018-05-08 18:17:09,600] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: list: path is not cached, getting info
  3. [2018-05-08 18:17:09,600] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: Getting path info for: /home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php
  4. [2018-05-08 18:17:09,719] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: do_getPathInfo: error: No such file on path ‘/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php’
  5. [2018-05-08 18:17:09,719] [DEBUG] koSFTPConnection: _getEncodedFilepath:: filepath: u’/home/server_name/public_html/home/server_name/public_html/index.php’, rfinfo: None
  6. [2018-05-08 18:17:09,836] [ERROR] koSFTPConnection: SFTP do_getParentPath ERROR: No such file
  7. ERROR:xpcom:Unhandled exception calling ‘int8 * read(in int32, optional out uint32, out retval Array);’
  8. Traceback (most recent call last):

I changed:

(which was created by clicking on “Remote”)

to:

“server_name” is the one obtained by clicking “Remote”:

All appears to work! So, it appears that "Maps to: " sftp://server_name/ automatically maps to the public_html directory and the “Remote” button may need some reworking to handle this scenario?

I checked this with Komodo>Preferences>Debugger>Initial Break Behavior set to “Break on First Executable” and “Run to First Breakpoint.” Both were successful.

Nice job, @careyh!

Thanks!

Fred

Do you maybe have your server configured to open /home/server_name/public_html as the default open location? Or perhaps the dialog is loading the last directory you had open for that server and you’re not quite noticing which directory you’ve Selected.

Other than that, I don’t know what would be causing this. If the Remote… button were failing in this case it would be failing in ALL places it’s used. All the remote buttons call the same function under the hood…they should any way!

• Carey