Komodo not releasing after exit on Windows

I have to kill Komodo from the Task Manager every time I want to restart it, as the old instance doesn’t seem to have shut down properly.

Is there some way this can be solved? Is there a log file I can send in or something?

Cheers,
Dave

Could you post the contents of “Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File” ?

Here’s the contents of pystderr.log, after I’ve force-quit Komodo.

[2014-04-04 20:56:55,733] [DEBUG] places_js: waiting for document complete
[2014-04-04 20:56:56,657] [ERROR] codeintel.manager: unexpected error registering `F:\Users\Dave Stewart\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\8.5\XRE\extensions\xjsfl@xjsfl.com\pylib\codeintel_jsfl.py' support module
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Development\Komodo IDE 8\lib\mozilla\python\komodo\codeintel2\manager.py", line 254, in _register_module
    module.register(self)
  File "F:\Users\Dave Stewart\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\8.5\XRE\extensions\xjsfl@xjsfl.com\pylib\codeintel_jsfl.py", line 165, in register
    silvercity_lexer=JSFLLexer(mgr),
  File "F:\Users\Dave Stewart\AppData\Local\ActiveState\KomodoIDE\8.5\XRE\extensions\xjsfl@xjsfl.com\pylib\codeintel_jsfl.py", line 62, in __init__
    JavaScriptLexer.__init__(self, mgr)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Development\Komodo IDE 8\lib\mozilla\python\komodo\codeintel2\lang_javascript.py", line 112, in __init__
    jsli = mgr.lidb.langinfo_from_lang(self.lang)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Development\Komodo IDE 8\lib\mozilla\python\komodo\langinfo.py", line 272, in langinfo_from_lang
    raise LangInfoError("no info on %r lang" % lang)
LangInfoError: no info on 'JSFL' lang
[2014-04-04 20:56:56,766] [WARNING] root: ko.findresults was already loaded, re-creating it.

[2014-04-04 20:57:41,664] [WARNING] views: Inconsistent view count in view_closed event

And here with the xjsfl extension disabled

[2014-04-04 21:02:17,387] [DEBUG] places_js: waiting for document complete
[2014-04-04 21:02:18,361] [WARNING] root: ko.findresults was already loaded, re-creating it.

[2014-04-04 21:02:44,384] [WARNING] RefactoringLanguageServiceBase: Can't find a refactoring service for Text
[2014-04-04 21:02:44,385] [WARNING] koLanguage: Asked for unknown language: 'None'
[2014-04-04 21:02:48,812] [WARNING] views: Inconsistent view count in view_closed event

Could you show us the error log as after you force quit it but before you start it again? You can manually retrieve the log at profiledir/pystderr.log.

Look here for info on locating your profile dir: http://community.activestate.com/faq/komodo-file-locations#appdata_dir

That’s it, actually.

Ah sorry, thought you were showing the log after starting Komodo up again.

Is there anything unusual about your Komodo setup? The fact that it’s on a drive called “F:” looks unusual, though that on it’s own should not matter.

I don’t think so. F is just the drive I have my user profiles stored on.

It could be an interference from other software - Direct Folders is one such application that can cause shutdown hangs for Komodo:
https://bugs.activestate.com/show_bug.cgi?id=101357

You may be able to dig further on this problem, by following Mark’s comments in the above bug (comment 1).

And the cigar goes to Todd!

Yep, killing DF solves the problem. That’s a shame, as I can’t live without Direct Folders. Not sure if you guys use it, but it rocks.

Thanks for making the connection Todd.

:smiley:

And as the post for the 3.73 update says, it stops the issue with Firefox (aka Mozilla framework)

http://blog.codesector.com/2012/12/16/direct-folders-3-73/

Lovely.

Yep - the update fixes the problem. Glad you got it solved.