Komodo next find on last rind jumps randomly

When using Find and moving between results, pressing down after the last find seems to randomly jump to a new section of code. It also makes the find text bar red. But I don’t know why the jump is there. It is confusing to be taken to a new section of code with no result. I often keep looking for the find result, then I notice the bar is red.

Komodo should not move the position of the window when there is no next result.

I’m talking about that bar at the bottom of the editor that looks like:
[ find text ] v ^ T A

Hi there! Please report bugs on our bug tracker:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I think I know what you’re talking about and I actually disagree. If I do a search through a whole document and I don’t find what I’m looking for, I want to be brought back to where I was when I started the search, which is what Komodo is doing.

• Carey

It’s not that. That would make sense. In a file of enough length, I end up on a screen where there are no matches. NADA, ZILCH. That’s what I’m complaining about. In the event that I am somehow wrong, for the record, I expect the search to wrap (to first) or stay on the last. Either one is fine, but what I am experiencing - in a part of a file with no matches, is not.

That is what I’m talking about as well and I still disagree but I’m just one person. As @nathanr said, please file an enhancement request if it’s not functioning the way you want.

I prefer that if I cycle through a list of results and I don’t find what I’m looking for, I expect my screen to return to where my cursor was upon starting the search, regardless of there having been any matches in that view port area.

• Carey