Komodo 9.3 connecting to amazon cloud

Has anybody else experienced Komodo using a lot of network bandwidth to connect to amazon cloud services? On an absolute scale it’s actually not that much, but to put it in perspective, I was not logged in to the pc and wasn’t even on the clock yet. My boss noticed the usage while looking for bandwidth hogs and was concerned because I wasn’t at work yet.

I’ve noticed it before, but couldn’t really find anything on the topic. If I close komodo and restart it then it uses far less for a while and doesn’t use bandwidth constantly, but eventually it will have two or three instances of komodo.exe using a few KB/sec. I’ve uploaded a screenshot from resource monitor.

thanks in advance.
ck

It could be anonymous statistics. I don’t see an option in the UI to disable it though.

I don’t think this is anonymous analytics. We don’t host anything on AWS. Everything is internal. If you want to check for yourself though you can turn off analytics by running the following command in a macro:

require("ko/prefs").setBooleanPref('analytics_enabled', false)

My guess is this is an addon that’s installed in your Komodo profile. Or you have files open that are on AWS.

• Carey

Any such connection is not coming from us. It would be coming either from a userscript, an addon or simply from you working in Komodo (are you remote debugging on AWS? Maybe browser previewing on AWS?).

Either way, Komodo itself does not make any connections to AWS.

This is strange. I have no plugins installed and since closing and restarting it yesterday it hasn’t established a connection to AWS. It usually reestablishes a connection pretty quickly. Now there is nothing. We do not have anything hosted on AWS either.

with a shrug of the shoulders, I thank everybody who responded. I do appreciate your taking the time to help out.

-ck

Ahh I think I know what it is. We use bugsnag for automated error tracking, when an error/exception occurs in Komodo (and you opted in to analytics) bugsnag is sent an error report. I just checked what bugsnag is hosted on and guess what, it’s AWS.

So that’s likely what was causing those calls.