Komodo 12 file browser (Places) - Prevent folder/file drag/drop

This is something that gives me anxiety and it probably has a toggle setting somewhere:

When I am opening/closing remote folders in the file browser the lag of the connection - milliseconds - can sometimes cause a drag-drop of folders into other folders. As the click down event sticks when clicking the folder to open, then you move the mouse and accidentally move a folder into another. This is obviously not good if it happens - hence the stress.

I rarely need to reorder the folder structure - and would be relieved if folders and files move functionality could be turned off and on, I would never worry about accidentally reordering file system architecture.

Thanks for any response.

hi @Paul_V,

It depends on where you’re talking about. If you’re talking about the File open dialog, ie. File menu > Open > Remote File then I don’t think that option exists or if it does, I’m not sure what it is.

If you’re talking about interacting with a remote directory in Places (*View menu > Tabs & Sidebars > Places) then you can open your Preferences and tell Komodo what do to when a file or folder is moved there; Edit menu > Prefs > Places > Allow drag and drop items…

• Carey