Komodo 10.2 64 bit

I currently have Komodo 10.2 and ActivePyton 3.4.1 installed Windows 7 32 bit and on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. There only difference between the installations are that the one is on Windows 7 32 bit and the other is Windows 10 64 bit. I am coding a simple TKInter app. On Windows 32 bit it works fine. On Windows 64 it gives me the following error:

File “C:\Python34\lib\tkinter_init_.py”, line 1805, in init
self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className, interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
_tkinter.TclError: Can’t find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
C:/Python34/lib/tcl8.6 C:/lib/tcl8.6 C:/lib/tcl8.6 C:/library C:/library C:/tcl8.6.1/library C:/tcl8.6.1/library

This probably means that Tcl wasn’t installed properly.

I have reinstalled Python and Komodo. I have also compared all the settings I know of on the two machines and cannot find a real difference.

The installation on both machines are:
Komodo IDE, version 10.2.1, build 89853, platform win32-x86. Built on Wed Mar 08 12:38:48 2017.

This is a 32 bit release. I cannot find a 64 bit release for Windows 64 bit. Please assist.

Hi, at first glance that appears to be a Python error, which has nothing to do with Komodo. For whatever reason, Python’s tkinter module cannot find an init.tcl in any of the paths listed. Where is init.tcl being found on your working machine?

Hello Mitchell
The init.tcl file resides in C:\Python34\tcl\tcl8.6, which is not in the path’s where it is looking for the file. For this reason I thought it is a Komodo error because the paths might not be set correctly.

Hi, thanks for the reply. This is not a Komodo error. You’ll have to configure Python to look in the Tcl path you provided. For example you can set the PYTHONPATH from Komodo in Edit > Preferences > Environment.

Hello Mitchell
I set the path in Komodo, without success Any ideas why it still does not work even though the environment path was set im Komodo?
Should I will take this discussion to the Python Forum?

Hi, sorry I made a mistake. It’s not PYTHONPATH that specifies where to load Tcl files from, but something else specified by Tkinter. You’ll have to find the documentation for it and then perhaps have Komodo set the proper environment variable.