Komode IDE 12 - perltidy issue on Mac Catalina

Hi - I can’t get perltidy to work from the IDE - whenever I try to run it - I get the following in the log:-

[2020-04-27 13:42:35,233] [ERROR] ko.formatters: Formatting failed
– EXCEPTION START –
[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFormatter.format]” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js :: _formatViewWithFormatterAndContext :: line 135” data: no]

• toString (function) 3 lines
  • message (string) ‘Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIFormatter.format]’
  • result (number) 2147500037
  • name (string) ‘NS_ERROR_FAILURE’
  • filename (string) ‘chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js’
  • lineNumber (number) 135
  • columnNumber (number) 0
  • inner (object) null
    | + data (object) null
    | + stack (string) ‘_formatViewWithFormatterAndContext@chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js:135:16
    formatVie’…299 chars
  • location (object) JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js :: _formatViewWithFormatterAndContext :: line 135
    | + QueryInterface (function) 3 lines
    | + language (number) 2
    | + languageName (string) ‘JavaScript’
    | + filename (string) ‘chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js’
    | + name (string) ‘_formatViewWithFormatterAndContext’
    | + lineNumber (number) 135
    | + columnNumber (number) 16
    | + sourceLine (string) ‘’
    | + caller (object) JS frame :: chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js :: formatViewUsingConfig :: line 870
    | + formattedStack (string) ‘_formatViewWithFormatterAndContext@chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js:135:16
    formatVie’…299 chars
    | + stack
    _formatViewWithFormatterAndContext@chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js:135:16
    formatViewUsingConfig@chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js:870:16
    formatViewUsingConfigUuid@chrome://komodo/content/formatters/formatters.js:939:0
    oncommand@chrome://komodo/content/komodo.xul:1:0
    – EXCEPTION END –
    [2020-04-27 13:42:46,862] [WARNING] console-logger: Unknown descriptor ‘font-display’ in @font-face rule. Skipped to next declaration. (1) in less://komodo/skin/global/global.less:1429
    ===========================

@dmlane_lux,

Share the full logs. You cut out the helpful information it appears. Also share exactly how you configured the formatter. A screenshot would be helpful.

• Carey

Hi Carey,
Sorry I missed out the important bits - I’ve added the screen shot and put a link to the log pystderr.log

Thanks for your help

Morning @dmlane_lux,

Looks like you grabbed the best you could from the logs. Nothing helpful there.

My guess is that perltidy needs you to pass the file you want to format as an argument. Note that the help text in the Configurable Options section says it will use Interpolation to evaluate arguments. You can reference possible interpolation strings here: http://docs.komodoide.com/Manual/shortcuts

You’ll likely want to use %F in the arguments field to pass the file to the formatter.

• Carey

Hi Carey, That didn’t work, but I suddenly wondered whether it had something to so with using a local::lib. I added a User Environment variable ‘PERL5LIB’ and it now works! I had already set the “Additional Perl Import Directories”, but it seems that wasn’t enough.
Thanks again for your help.

1 Like