How to use jquery in komodo IDE 9.3

I have tried to use the jquery function
$(document).ready(function(){
funtion code statements go here

});
I keep getting the error “$ undefined” although :

1. I have included the jquery-1.13.3.min.js file in the same folder I am using for the HTML and jquery scripts.
  2. I have included the script element refering to jquery-1.13.3.min.js in the head element of the HTML file I want to use jquery in.
    Any ideas on what I should do to use jquery in komodo IDE 9.3 ?

Enable jQuery API catalog under Preferences - Code Intelligence

Thank you for your response. I have tried to enable the jquery API but it relates to version 1.9 not the current version of 1.13.3.min.js.
How do I change the version from 1.9 to 1.13 ?
Regards

By creating a new API catalog. I don’t recommend to do it without a big knowledge in CodeIntel and CIX. I’m not sure that some serious changes were made between 1.9 and 1.13, so basically you won’t find any difference in the auto-completions.

I think @Defman is putting you on the wrong track, your issue is that jquery isn’t working, not that jquery codeintel isn’t working.

Unfortunately this is not a problem that is Komodo specific, and we’re not able to help troubleshoot you unless you share some of your project code. That said for general HTML/JS questions you are likely better off asking for help on a site like Stackoverflow.

Ohh, I read the first post wrong :frowning:
Yeah, it’s better to ask the question on StackOverflow.

I have got jquery working as expected already. So, this issue should be put to bed as I have no more problems with jquery working in my komodo IDE9.3.
Regards