How to open project files in "existing folders" using Commando?

This is probably just me being dense, but I’m not sure how to get Commando to help me open files when I have a project open with “existing folders” as part of the project. Part of this may be how/where I am setting up projects and/or how Commando works with folders added to a project via the project’s context menu “Add > Existing Folder…”.

I typically place all of my project files (the ones with the .komodoproject extensions) in a single location outside of any project’s source tree so that I don’t have to worry about them getting included in version control repositories and/or pushed into deployments inadvertently. Then I will use “Add > Existing Folder…” to add the needed folder(s) to each project.

But… Commando does not seem to work in opening/finding any file in these “existing folders” which I have added to my project (which for me is all of my project files). I’ve experimented with this a bit and changed one of my projects have the .komodoproject file in one of the source folders and then added the rest of the folders I need via “Add > Existing Folder…” and Commando seems to find files only in that initial folder and not in any of the “existing folder” folders.

Is this expected? Should Commando be working with these existing folders in projects, or is there something fundamentally wrong with that line of thinking on my part?

/ron

Hey @rstewart,

Commando doesn’t support this yet. As a workaround, you could add shortcuts in Commando for each of the “existing folders”.

Be aware that we just came across a cache issue so add them all then restart Komodo and you should be good to go.

• Carey

@careyh Thanks; I will give that a try. Want me to log this as an enhancement?

Right, yes please. Thanks Ron.

• Carey

Done: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/116

Thanks a lot Ron.

Implemented: