How to exclude files/locations from Go to Files

How can I get Go to Files to ignore things like “.hg”, “*.pyc”?

Simply add them to your projects excluded files. Projects > Project Preferences.

If you’re not using a project I believe you should be able to use Prefs > Places > Files and directories to exclude.

Those patterns are already in both of those settings. Here’s what my project is set to exclude:

*.*~;*.bak;*.tmp;CVS;.#*;*.pyo;*.pyc;.svn;_svn;.git;.hg;.bzr;*%*;tmp*.html;.DS_Store;*.swp;*.kpf;*.komodoproject;.komodotools;__pycache__;.vagrant

But when I open Go to Files, the .hg directory is right there at the top of the list. I type in models.py and it lists a bunch of versions under .hg\store, and all the models.pyc.

Anybody else have trouble with this? The exclude filters don’t seem to have any effect on either of my computers.

I’m not able to reproduce this. Have you tried restarting Komodo and reopening your project to ensure the new settings are being used properly?

I have restarted Komodo; closed and reopened the project; and just now I deleted and re-created the project – Go to Files still includes everything, even though the exclude filters are there.

Anything else I can try to fix this?