Hover tooltip lose focus problem

The thing is that komodo IDE 9 does not work either.
Still the same problem, unless I did not do something correctly.

I just installed ide 9, the Alpha version available for download and used my custom dpi set to 125%.
Still the hovering tooltips are not well appearing.

To clarify - are hover tooltips your “only” issue regarding HiDPI? (ie. you do not see blurry fonts on K9),

Hi Nathan,

sorry if I was not clear.
I saw blurry fonts on Windows 8, using komodo 8.5.4 nightly with DPI set to 136 (as given by the formula) and the flag “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” of the “compatibility” tab of komodo.exe property page left unchecked.
In that case, the value given by the Defman21 workaround works fine, but the blurry fonts are not letting me using the application at all.
If I flag that checkbox, the look&feel comes back nice but the workaround does not work any more.
In both previous cases, the fonts are too big and not pretty comfortable anyway.
If I set DPI to 125, which is the value I would use, there is no need to check that flag, because I don’t see blurry fonts at all, but the hover tooltips don’t work fine: I see them but not “hovering” on the $variable but going around it somewhere.

With Komodo 9 I did not have the need to set the checkbox with 125 DPI, so no blurry fonts on that value, but still (and worse) with that value I could not see any hovering on any position around the $variable at all.
Changing to 136, I don’t see blurry fonts (so there’s no need to set that checkbox) but again cannot see hovering tooltips at all, regardless of how wandering around the $variable.
On Komodo 9, even using Cupertino appearance, it does not change at all anything.
But why on Komodo 9 I cannot see hovering at all?

Komodo 9 is onbly a pre-release version, to be considered an “alpha”, keep that in mind :smile:

I’ve opened a new bug report for HiDPI on Windows so we can get to the bottom of this, please feel free to CC yourself if you want to receive updates on the issue - https://bugs.activestate.com/show_bug.cgi?id=104640

Hi all,

I’ve seen you fixed this problem on komodo 9 (I’ll try to get the build number next).
Is there any chance to get it fixed on komodo 8 too?

Thanks a lot!

That’d be up to @toddw, it depends on how invasive the fix is. He’s on vacation this week though so dont expect a response soon.

hi,

any news about the fix of this bug on 8.x?

Did you check 8.5.4?

Oh, no. I was actually checking the link where the bug has been inserted (https://bugs.activestate.com/show_bug.cgi?id=104640).
Anyway I will give a try with the latest nightly build.
Thanks a lot!