High DPI mode

Hi there, I’m trying to use komodo edit on a high DPI screen (that’s a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which has 3200x1800 pixels on a 13" panel) and I can’t really understand if what I’m getting is what I’m supposed to or there’s something wrong with that.
I saw references to bug fixes related to high dpi screens in the latest release. I also followed discussions about setting layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to different values in about:config but I’m still at a loss.
What I get running komodo edit “out of the box” is the whole interface and the text editing area “stretched” to avoid being to small and unreadable with the draw back of having everything “blurred” (that’s more or less what you get from google chrome unless you fiddle with the registry and set a “true high dpi” mode).
So am I wondering: is there a “true high dpi” mode in komodo (and if so, how do I enable it? - that’s why I’m asking in the “how to” section) or do I have to live with the stretched out interface?

I just realized I forgot to say that I’m using Windows.
But I also just realized how to do what I was looking for: go into the properties for the komodo executable and, under the “Compatibility” tab click on “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.
I hope this could be of interest for others sharing the same problem.

I think you must change DPI in Windows.
To do it, you can read this: [Change DPI on Windows][1]
I recommended “OPTION TWO” in this guide, because you can type a normal value, not percent.
Your dpi: sqrt(3200^2+1800^2)/13 = 282
[1]: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know how to fix the problem, we’ll see if we can make that the default for the executable.