GIT_EXTERNAL_DIFF not working properly

Hi, following a couple of links i found online I have created:
GIT_EXTERNAL_DIFF “C:\progs\diff.bat”

Whose content is:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe” %2 %5
exit 0

Problem is that every save I do issues a git diff? Kind of annoying. Has anyone did a work around for this?

Br

I believe you need to override the envvar in your Komodo prefs and that will remove the issue.

Edit (Komodo on Mac) menu > Preferences > Environment and set that variable to blank in the prefs.

• Carey

:slight_smile:
But if I do that I can’t use beyond compare or any other external comparison tool :frowning:

Every save issue a git diff, why?

There’s more details here: Use Komodo with external git diff tool

Komodo triggers a git diff for the SCC dialog pane at the bottom of Komodo on file save so it can show you what’s changed.

• Carey

Is there a way to disable the git diff, so that the SCC dialog pane doesnt show what changed?

You would have to disable SCC all together. If you don’t want the diffs in Komodo then why can’t you override the envvar in your preferences in Komodo?

I want to be able launch a external diff tool to compare previous(or other version) with current one, but I don’t want that tool to open every time I do a save, only when I ask to see the diferences.

In previous versions I remember using edit > preferences > Source Code Control -> diff options (under svn it worked if memory doesnt fail me) here (git) it’s just useless, don’t know if that is also the case with other source code control software…

That’s not true. It just doesn’t work in your chosen workflow. The new SCC panel is extremely hand. I use it all the time while writing Komodo.

The reason why this didn’t occur in previous version is because the SCC panel didn’t exist. There is a diff window in that panel.

There is currently no workaround for this issue other than to disable the envvar. Given only two people have come across this in 3 years I can’t rationalize prioritizing trying to make Komodo fit the workflow either.

I’m sorry I can’t be any more help @reiso.

• Carey

And I’m sorry I have buying this since version 8… silly mistake I will not make again…