Flickering cursor on sidebar

If i click on the left sidebar for files with right mouse button to open secondary menu and navigate the mouse cursor over the menu items it works slow and flickers. I use new MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina with OS X Mavericks latest release.

Are you on the latest version of Komodo IDE/Edit? (8.5.3)

Yes, i installed the latest version of Komodo IDE for first as trial version for testing. Want to switch from another PHP IDE to Komodo. However, it seems that is only graphic issue. I use the MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina (2013) with Intel Iris Pro Graphics card.

Btw: I see in OS X Log following Warnings/Errors if i work with Komodo IDE:
21.04.14 20:06:25,903 WindowServer[92]: CGXSetCIFilterValues: Invalid filter 0
21.04.14 20:06:25,903 WindowServer[92]: CGXSetWindowFilter: Invalid filter 0
21.04.14 20:06:32,487 komodo-bin[2512]: CGSNewCIFilterByName

Just to confirm - you are using Komodo IDE, not Komodo Edit?

@toddw this sounds like the issue we saw back in 8.0 beta where hovering over menuitems would be very laggy. I haven’t seen this since though.

It is not critical but it would be better if it is smooth like other menus.

I work on latest release: Komodo IDE, version 8.5.3, build 83298, platform macosx. Built on Mon Nov 18 - OS X Mavericks 10.9.2

This context menu for files and folders in the left tree.

Ok so to confirm - this is only happening for you on context menu items for entries in the files and folders list in your “sidebar” (aka. the Places widget) ?

1 Like

So, now i can post without the restriction. I edited the post before your last post and added Screenshot.

I too notice some flickering and slowness with the menus - I think this occurs for most of the Komodo context (right-click) menus, though the menubar is smoother and faster. I think this is a limitation of the Komodo platform - as we are built on top of the Mozilla framework and these context menus are not native menus (as far as I can tell).

I thought about this issue can be assigned with the Mozilla framework. Take a look on Mozilla Firefox 28 and open context menu. Here i have the same slowness menu.