Find In Files still does not search full directory tree

From my post of July of 2017:

I have Komodo 10.2.2 build 89895 running on linux-x86_64 build date 4/28 17:38:33 2017.

All of a sudden - not sure what I did - “find in files” has stopped searching the entire directory tree for directories I specify. If I specify one level above, files with a specific string are found, but not beyond.

I tried opening Komodo with a clean profile - “export KOMODO_USERDATADIR=”/tmp/ko"" - and that DID fix the problem. So - something has been changed in my normal profile - but darned if I can find it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I can work around it by resetting everything to defaults, but that is 1) a pain, 2) not a solution, if it happens again.

I can replicate this behavior by adding to the search path. It seems to only search two levels down, no further. If I have a tree like this “/tree/dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.php”, and I search from “/tree”, it will not find anything in file1.php. Likewise “/tree/dir1”. I have to specify, “/tree/dir1/dir2” in order for the find to work. Why is this?

ADDITIONAL INFO: If I remove the “.komodoide” directory from my home directory, and Komodo starts from scratch, then everything works correctly: I can search “/tree”, and it looks in ALL the files, not just two directories down. This keeps happening - something is getting corrupted. Does anyone know what? How can I prevent this? Resetting everything is also a pain.

Thanks!

-Joe

PS - this tool is great - I really enjoy using it.

Can you share a screenshot of your “Find” frame right before you submit the search?

Sure - I was adding to my post when you replied. Take a look at this:

ADDITIONAL INFO: If I remove the “.komodoide” directory from my home directory, and Komodo starts from scratch, then everything works correctly: I can search “/tree”, and it looks in ALL the files, not just two directories down. This keeps happening - something is getting corrupted. Does anyone know what? How can I prevent this? Resetting everything is also a pain.

Reinitializing my install fixes the problem.

Please do share that screenshot.