class Test {

log () {
        var one = 1;
        console.log( one );
    }
}

var t = new Test();
t.log();

does not trigger any warnings or error messages in Komodo. That’s good. But according to the code sidebar this code contains nothing but the variables one and t. The class and its method seem to be invisible. That’s not good. Not good at all. Is there some configuration setting for ES6 that I haven’t found or is this a missing feature or a bug?

Hi, Komodo does not support ES6 syntax yet. It is on our roadmap.

That’s not exactly what I was hoping to hear. That’s certainly not what I just paid over $300 for.

EDIT:

Allow me to quote from your own web site:

As a cross-platform, polyglot IDE, Komodo provides you with a wide range of support. Komodo X now supports Ruby 2.x, TypeScript, ES6, PSR4 for PHP and new built-in support for frameworks Ember, Angular JS, and React

(emphasis mine)

We provide syntax highlighting support for ES6 right now. Providing code intelligence requires a brand new JavaScript parser.

So “supporting” ES6 means syntax highlighting only. That’s underwhelming. It might also be false advertising.

We also support linting. I don’t see how it is false advertising, nowhere do we state that we have codeintel support for ES6. Fwiw we’ve spoken to the marketing team to have our features page updated to make the scope of ES6 support more evident. I can definitely see that our current info can be a bit misleading, but I assure you that’s not intentional. We’re not in the business of selling snake oil.

is there an eta/issue number/other some such?

@st-alker no ETA, but you could use the LSP addon as an interim solution https://community.komodoide.com/packages/addons/typescript-and-javascript-via-lsp/

Thanks. This doesn’t seem to work for windows though.

It works on Windows for me. What part doesn’t work?

Mind you you need to have node.js installed for this to work.

Sorry to reply so long after your message. I tried again today on a different computer and got the same results. I included the pop up and the error log.

[2018-11-08 12:58:10,836] [ERROR] commando-scope-packages: Unable to download null: -3
Traceback from ERROR in ‘commando-scope-packages’ logger:
Logger.prototype.error@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/logging.js:411:27
this._addonInstallListener.onDownloadFailed@chrome://scope-packages/content/packages.js:1139:13
AMI_callInstallListeners@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:1493:15
AMP_callInstallListeners@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:2449:1
AI_downloadFailed@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:5586:1
AI_onStopRequest@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:5556:11

I also tried the Manually Create .xpi instructions, and got the same message:

[2018-11-08 13:58:05,292] [ERROR] commando-scope-packages: Unable to download null: -3
Traceback from ERROR in ‘commando-scope-packages’ logger:
Logger.prototype.error@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/logging.js:411:27
this._addonInstallListener.onDownloadFailed@chrome://scope-packages/content/packages.js:1139:13
AMI_callInstallListeners@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:1493:15
AMP_callInstallListeners@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:2449:1
AI_downloadFailed@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:5586:1
AI_onStopRequest@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:5556:11

we have a small team of about 5-8 developers. we’re starting an es6 project and have been using komodo for years. So, we’re really looking forward to a solution for this :slight_smile:

Hey @st-alker, just click Continue Anyway. That is just a warning that the latest supported version hasn’t been updated to 11. You can ping the maintainer to bump the number but you can still install and use it.

If there are issues after install you should hit up the maintainers Github repo and let them know so they can fix it.

• Carey

Thank you for the reply. I clicked continue anyway and promptly received a message that the the connection for the addon seems to have timed out consistently from my first attempt. I’ve tried a couple other things: creating the zip and changing the ext, and extracting directly to the XRE\extensions dir, to no avail. I will try logging an issue with the addon repo to get it fixed, but I just wanted to make sure the behavior I’m seeing after selecting continue anyway is what you’d expect and you still think the issue is with the addon.

Hey @st-alker, not sure why you’re getting a timeout. The site that Komodo uses is working fine. There might be a Firewall issue on your machine (or any number of blocking issues). You can download the XPI file then drag/drop it on Komodo to install it. You can get the XPI here:

• Carey