Error Checking Fails on Remote Files

I am having problems with Error Checking for PHP while editing a code file “Live” via remote ftp. For some reason when i edit code files remotely, error checking always returns no errors even when there are errors. Here is a link to a screenshot depicting the problem http://s26.postimg.org/4t291lop5/Komodo_IDE_Trial_Problem.png. As you can see on line 7 i purposely added random junk to the end of the line, and as shown at the very bottom in the syntax checking window it states “Syntax Ok”. I tried clicking on the refresh icon as well as saving the document to no avail. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aleeious

PHP syntax checking relies on you to have a local PHP install, and these only work on local files. You could work around this by mounting the remote filesystem, thereby tricking PHP to thinking they are local files.

How do I mount the remote filesystem on Windows 7? Also i don’t have PHP installed and yet it works locally, unless an ide I’m trying out includes PHP build in…

IDE’s

Komodo Edit
phpDesigner
Microsoft Expression Web 4

Sincerely,

Aleeious

If you want to mount the drive, there’s lots of options (depending on the remote system).

If it’s a Unix SSH (SFTP) bases system (Linux/Mac), then you can use something like SSHFS to mount the remote file system, or use something like Windows file sharing if your accessing a remote Windows machine.