Diff viewer context menu items disabled

Hi! I’m running Komodo IDE 9.3.1 (on Windowsd 7) and I noticed something weird in the SCC diff viewer (I’m using Mercurial, in case it matters).

When I right-click on the diff window, I have options in the context menu for “Previous Diff”, “Next Diff”, and “Reveal Position in Editor” which report being associated with the F7, F8, and F9 hotkeys. However, it seems that these three items are always disabled. The menu items are grayed-out and the hotkeys do nothing. However, those same functions work perfectly when I invoke them from the toolbar at the top of the diff window.

Does anybody have some idea what’s going on there or how to fix it? It’s not a huge deal, but getting those menu items and hotkeys to work would help streamline things a bit. I use the “reveal” feature a lot to jump to the full context of a change and right now I find myself clicking the middle of the window to position the cursor and then have to move the cursor all the way to the top of the window to click the button every time, which gets old pretty fast.

Hi @pageer,

Thanks for reporting this. I’ve resolved the issue but i’m not sure when the fix will be in the wild and there isn’t really a workaround without actually patching the code which would be quite a pain for you to do (involves unzipping files, patching, then rezipping).

Apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for pointing out the issue though.

• Carey

Thanks Carey! In my book, as long as it doesn’t require setting up a build environment it’s not that big a deal. I’ve poked around in the guts of Komodo a few times before, so I actually just looked up your patch on Github and applied it. Works perfectly! Thanks for the quick turn-around. You guys rock!

1 Like

I read the first line of your response, open github, got the link to the commit, came back here, then read the rest of your response haha.

Glad you got it sorted out!

• Carey

Addendum: If any one comes across this and wants/needs to apply the patch, just ask.

Here’s the commit if you think you can do it yourself: https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/commit/c17e2ad006a808ea509806f1ade7bbbba6e10288