Connecting to Servers

I am often having trouble connecting to servers with Komodo and I have to shutdown and restart the app. I often get a dialog box pop up with this message:

RemoteDir.prototype.connect[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [koIRemoteConnection.list]” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: “JS frame :: chrome://sites/content/servers.js :: this.init_rowsList/RemoteDir.prototype.connect :: line 317” data: no]

I am running Komodo Edit, version 9.2.0, build 15966, platform macosx.

Hey @pever,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m not aware of anyone else having this issue (though I may just be forgetting someone). When you hit this issue have you confirmed that it’s not your server that’s having issues. You could try using another FTP tool and see how it connects.

• Carey

I connect to all the servers I work on with Filezilla and have no problems. This seems to happen most if Komodo has been sitting idol for a while and I go back to work and want to switch directories or open a file on the last server I was working on

Rather than rebooting Komodo, have you tried connecting to a different server then back to your desired server?

What protocol are you connecting on? You could try changing the protocol you’re connection over. I would try using SFTP.

• Carey