Cannot change directory

Hi.

Something very strange is happening: I’m trying to add a simple ftp site to Komodo IDE 10.2 servers, nothing fancy but a url, ftp, port 21, user and password, passive

When I try to connect to this new FTP site Komodo seems to freeze but after a while it shows an alert saying “Cannot change directory”

By the way, with the same settings the ftp connects without a blink with CuteFtp and Dreamweaver

Please help me, I don’t wanna go back to SW :frowning:

Ciao and thanks,

Edoardo

Komodo IDE, version 10.2.3, build 89902, platform win32-x86.

Would it be possible for you to share the connection details with us in our support email? support@activestate.com if that’s ok. Please references this forum post.

This will be easier to diagnose if we can reproduce it internally.

• Carey

Done! Thank you Carey

Also, if it’s an option, please try a different protocol like SFTP or SCP.

• Carey

Ciao

Tried both, but both SFTP or SCP require a publickey, the server doesn’t allow password authentication

By the way, I tested the connection with Komodo Edit (latest version) on a different PC (but same LAN) and it gives the same problems

Ciao and thank you,

Edoardo

@Edoardop,

Very very very sorry for the delay. I’m looking at this now. Hopefully can at least give you some hints of what’s going on. I am able to reproduce the issue. Thank you for sharing the FTP connection for debugging.

I will report back.

• Carey

Update. I am not able to connect to @Edoardop’s server using Komodo but I am able to connect to other servers. I’m getting the following error in the logs:

[2017-09-08 17:18:24,131] [ERROR] koFTPConnection: FTP do_changeDirectory ERROR: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I will need server side logs to see what that is about I think.

• Carey