Auto complete code snippets

I just started using Komodo again after a break from programming. I tried getting autocode to work for code completion because I have many snippets I use in coding and it really speeds up coding. It appears that autocode plugin is no longer working and the developer is no longer working on the plugin. I am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get it working or if there is an alternative option for tab code completion.

Thanks
Jason

Hi, Komodo already has many of those features built-in. You can turn the snippets you have into auto-abbreviations by right-clicking the snippet > Properties. Then check “Auto-Abbreviation”. Then when you type the snippet abbreviation and press “Tab”, the snippet will be inserted.

Mitchell I tried that and it doesn’t work for me.

Komodo Edit, version 10.2.3, build 17708, platform win32-x86. Built on Tue Jul

Hi, your snippet needs to be for PHP, not “Text”.

@snowboarder can you explain how you are trying to make these snippets auto-complete?

The usual way of having these autocomplete is they will trigger when you type their name followed by a certain character, you can manage these characters via:

My preference there is customized to have them only trigger when I hit tab. By default they should trigger just by typing the word itself.

@nathanr The settings says the same thing as your settings. It doesn’t work on any code snippet i have except some of the preexisting code snippets work . ive tried creating a new code snippet and that doesn’t seem to work either.

@snowboarder did you set the correct language for you’re snippet?

The selected language is the language you want to trigger the snippet in.
In my example I have the HTML language selected for my php snippet, this is because when I want to trigger my snippet I’m in the sub language HTML.

If you don’t Know how in witch sub language you are, you can run the following snippet in you’re console:

ko.views.manager.currentView.koDoc.subLanguage
1 Like