Adding a visual separation between text and minimap

I just discovered Komodo and really like it. The feature where you see an overview in the right-hand part of the screen is absolutely brilliant. However, I’m having a problem using Komodo because of this same overview.

At the bottom of the page, I instinctively interpret the whitespace at the end of a line as meaning the text does not extend further. However, this is not the case, the text extends quite a bit further and is in fact truncated by the overview pane. But there is no delimiting element separating the two, so to a casual observer it looks like the line ends there.

I would be very happy to see a small, grey line which lets me know that the text is truncated. I’ve looked at the settings for a few minutes but didn’t see anything obvious. Is there any way to draw this?

Thanks for noticing @kubark42, I’ve fixed this in the 9.0 branch. To fix this on 8.5 you could download stylish and apply the following CSS rules:

minimap
{
    padding-left: 0;
    border-left: 1px solid ThreeDShadow;
}

You might need to add an !important to those rules.

Marvelous. I downloaded from the link, restarted Komodo, went to Tools–>Add-ons–>Extensions–>Stylish–>Properties–>Manage Styles–>Write New Style, named it “Add delimiter” and then pasted in the suggested text block (without !important, I didn’t need it).

Well, I’m a convert!

Heh glad to hear it :slight_smile: