Activation failed - Windows 10

Hello,

I am running into an issue with Komodo IDE 12.0 installed on Windows 10 enterprise.

The IDE works except that activation fails. Making it difficult if not impossible to use some of the features.

I traced the error to a line in the pystderr.txt file:

Chris Peters 11:16 AM

[2020-09-04 17:02:12,351] [ERROR] ko-shell: Error during process execution
– EXCEPTION START –
TypeError: command.isExecutable is not a function

• stack
    getCommandStr@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process/subprocess.js:412:16
    subprocess_win32@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process/subprocess.js:1043:18
    subprocess.call@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process/subprocess.js:456:20
    initialize@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:45:14
    constructor@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/core/heritage.js:145:23
    spawn@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:153:10
    this.run@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/shell.js:170:23
    runSh@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:310:20
    activate@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:664:9
    this.activate@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:717:9
    this.reactivate@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:875:13
    updateMenu/<.command@chrome://state/content/js/button.js:85:21
    dynamicButton/this.updateMenu/<@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/dynamic-button.js:382:61
    – EXCEPTION END –
    [2020-09-04 17:02:12,352] [ERROR] tool.js: Process exited with code ‘-1’. Error:
    Traceback from ERROR in ‘tool.js’ logger:
    Logger.prototype.error@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/logging.js:411:27
    getDefaultCallbacks/<.onFail@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:176:38
    activate/callbacks.onFail@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:656:17
    runSh/<@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:336:17
    emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:96:9
    handleError@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:108:7
    initialize/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:92:19
    delay/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/lang/functional/concurrent.js:38:20
    notify@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:40:clock9:

I already had a discussion with someone from support who mentioned that Komodo has to use a deprecated version of the Mozilla toolkit.

I already tried removing Firefox completely from my machine. That didn’t change anything. Another possibility would be some security software blocking the access to an older version of the Mozilla toolkit. I turned off Symantec Endpoint Protection but that didn’t seem to fix it, either.

Anyone have a similar problem and if so, what was the resolution?

Thanks!

Hi @guitarchimp

One note: Komodo is built on Mozilla and is stand alone. Deleting other Firefox installs has no effect on Komodo. If an outdating Mozilla was causing issues then Komodo would just be broken :). This looks like the state tool is failing. More below…

Some inside info: Komodo is running the ActiveState state tool for these commands. Looks like state activate is failing, not Komodo. Have you tried running state activate in your project folder in a command line terminal? There should be more log output as well if it’s failing. Could you share your entire log rather than a snippet? The only helpful info is Process exited with code ‘-1’ which means the state tool failed while running in a hidden terminal.

• Carey

Carey - thanks for the reply.

When I run “state activate” by going to the three horizontal lines menu at the top right hand corner, then “Tools->Run command”, and then typing “state activate” in the “Run Command” dialog box, I get:

‘state’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

@guitarchimp, please share your logs when you reproduce these issues. That error means the state tool didn’t get installed by Komodo which is should have been. The logs will tell us more about what’s going on.

If you just want to get back to work you can manually install the state tool but I’d like to see if something is wrong in Komodo which the logs will help with.

• Carey

Thanks, I figured out how to install it manually, and that now works (running “state” commands through the Windows CMD.exe prompt.)

Komodo IDE still won’t run “state” commands though. I’ll send logs in a bit or attach to this comment if that is possible.

edit - I am not sure how to attach a file to this post. I can post the last snippet from the timeframe when the “state activate” command failed:

[2020-09-10 09:04:24,979] [ERROR] ko-shell: Error during process execution
– EXCEPTION START –
TypeError: command.isExecutable is not a function

• stack
    getCommandStr@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process/subprocess.js:412:16
    subprocess_win32@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process/subprocess.js:1043:18
    subprocess.call@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process/subprocess.js:456:20
    initialize@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:45:14
    constructor@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/core/heritage.js:145:23
    spawn@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:153:10
    this.run@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/shell.js:170:23
    runSh@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:310:20
    activate@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:664:9
    this.activate@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:717:9
    this.reactivate@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:875:13
    updateMenu/<.command@chrome://state/content/js/button.js:85:21
    dynamicButton/this.updateMenu/<@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/dynamic-button.js:382:61
    – EXCEPTION END –
    [2020-09-10 09:04:24,996] [ERROR] tool.js: Process exited with code ‘-1’. Error:
    Traceback from ERROR in ‘tool.js’ logger:
    Logger.prototype.error@chrome://komodo/content/sdk/logging.js:411:27
    getDefaultCallbacks/<.onFail@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:176:38
    activate/callbacks.onFail@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:656:17
    runSh/<@chrome://state/content/js/sdk/tool.js:336:17
    emit@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/event/core.js:96:9
    handleError@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:108:7
    initialize/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/system/child_process.js:92:19
    delay/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/lang/functional/concurrent.js:38:20
    notify@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/timers.js:40:9

[2020-09-10 09:04:27,298] [ERROR] debugSessionTab:
– EXCEPTION START –
TypeError: ko.dbg.manager.currentSession is null

• stack
    outputTabManager.prototype.tabSwitch@chrome://komodo/content/debugger/debugSessionTab.js:1261:13
    ko_dbg_createTab_tabSelectListener@chrome://komodo/content/debugger/debugSessionTab.js:998:17
    _dispatchEvent@chrome://komodo/content/bindings/pane.xml:1075:11
    set_collapsed@chrome://komodo/content/bindings/pane.xml:1674:19
    showWidget@chrome://komodo/content/bindings/pane.xml:620:11
    addWidget@chrome://komodo/content/bindings/pane.xml:300:17
    uilayout_ensureTabShown/callback@chrome://komodo/content/library/uilayout.js:1411:1
    koWidgetManager_getWidgetAsync/<@chrome://komodo/content/library/widgets.js:432:25
    – EXCEPTION END –

Hey @guitarchimp,

Can you email the log file to careyh@activestate.com? Cut out the Discourse forum middleman.

Got your email! And “DOH”, nothing helpful in there. You captured the summary of the errors quite well. I wonder if you’ve got a bad pref set for the state tool binary location. Could you check what Edit menu > Preferences > State Tool: User this binary is set to? If it’s set to Find on path perhaps the install didn’t get your PATH properly, you could try manually setting it to the State Tool binary.

• Carey