Russian translate / localization is here

В своем посте он говорил, что в будущем они (разработчики komodo) введут систему каллбека оригинальных слов в случае, если в русификаторе их нет (нет допустим слова “SuperCode feature” в нашем переводе - Komodo будет использовать слово “SuperCode feature”, а не крашиться). К тому же совместимость одновременно с Komodo 8 и 9 добивается только в случае использования Mozilla translation system.
In his post he say

It means if word in localization not isset, Komodo will be use original word. Also compatibility with Komodo 8 and 9 both will be only if we will be using Mozilla translation system.

Huh? I don’t see how you do, I already did it for you - all you have to do is start using it. The files are in the EXACT same format, the paths have only changed.

I never said that. You’ll likely be able to use a Komodo 9 translation on Komodo 8 but there’s no guarantee. If we implement fallbacks this would all become a lot simpler. I really dont understand why Mozilla hasn’t done so already, I guess they want to force proper translations of every single string, which is fine if you are paying translators but not if you are taking contributions.

I see that you want what’s best. But I only have two days off a week.
In my program actually have to change that in this case. The program automatically translates and sorts the folders + produces a list of paths for chrome.manifest. And besides, it can be significantly improved. For example, to control whether each line interface. I could create a dictionary editor, for easy translation. Maybe you can take me to work as a localizer? I would be happy to change my job.

I think Naatan can’t do this. You must ask a job ActiveState.
Also I want to work in ActiveState on Komodo Edit/IDE too. Like Russian support. But count of Russians using Komodo very small.

Maybe you can open-source this program you speak of such that others (myself, Defman) can contribute to it? In any case since all the files are exactly the same as before, only their paths have changed, I don’t see why this would be so much work to account for the “proper” localization mechanic.

Unfortunately there currently isn’t enough demand to justify a hire like this, nor if there would be would it justify a full-time hire, if we were to look for an official Russian localization it would likely be done on a contract (freelance) basis.

We’re happy to assist you guys (as we have) but this remains a project of your own initiative. It is a project which is very much appreciated, which we’ve shown by giving you a free copy of Komodo IDE and will continue to show (we’ve got some swag in the works).

What is it? Or it’s a secret?

Nothing concrete yet, but basically we’re after t-shirts, stickers, hats, cups, etc.

“Give me a cup of Komodo tea in my Komodo cup!” :smiley:

Also what it means?

It’s what we would like to have, not what we currently have. Ie. it’s our plan but things may change.

1 Like

I appreciate your willingness to participate in this, but this program will not be open source, sorry.

I thought so…

Judging from that I’m assuming you’re working on some type of localization software. Just an idea but assuming the parts that take care of specific localization formats are modularized perhaps you can open source just the Komodo modules.

Anyway, up to you at the end of the day, my main objective here is to ensure forwards compatibility.

localru-1.14-ko.xpi for Komodo Edit 8.5.4

localruide-0.06-ko.xpi for Komodo IDE 8.5.4

Just support version 8.5.4. No any changes. Now I do not have time to translate more or something to fix, sorry.

Новые версии русификатора. Без изменений, только поддержка 8.5.4. Извините, сейчас у меня нет времени чтобы переводить или что-то исправлять. Много работы…

There is somebody interested in Russian localization of IDE9? If yes - I’m start working on localization re-building (re-sorting), if not - well… I’m start working on another stuff.

Interesting how you do it without translation new files?)
А вообще мне, на самом деле, интересно почему вроде в толковом редакторе нет обычного перехода к объявлению класса цсс хтмл… Вот Нетбинс хорош, но тоже со своими глюками и весьма медленный. Аптана неплоха, но после нетбинса в ней чего-то не хватает. Вижуал студио от майкрософт - очень хороший пример для иде, жаль только для винды. И я, как верстальщик, мечусь между ними, аки баран горный…
Как и говорил Натан, спрос на локализованный комодо весьма низкий. И в этом есть доля и самого комодо, как редактора, как иде. А не только потому, что все такие подкованные в английском.
Стоит ли и дальше поддерживать локализацию комодо, я не знаю. Пока я ещё иногда запускаю комодо - локализация будет (по крайней мере для релизных версий едит).

Don’t forget about translation for your messages.
P.S: If in Komodo you don’t find some features - you can create feature request. What the problem? :smile:

There is another problem: Mozilla translation system has a very hard hierarchy. I can convert Komodo IDE 8 translation to IDE9 Mozilla translation system and by logic that don’t break editor.

Запросы на эти фичи уже поступали аж 3 (три) года назад. И это базовые (читай естественные функции). Видимо комодо изначально не ориентировался на хтмл. Предлагаешь сидеть и ждать, пока они это прикрутят? :slight_smile:
По поводу перевода, вообще нет проблем :slight_smile: Есть вопрос времени, денег и целесообразности.
А ещё не вижу смысла переводить эти свои сообщения, они интересны только русскоговорящим. А по большому счёту - только нам двоим :smile:

3 years ago… Developers can forgot about some feature request if they:

1. Very old
  2. Not needed
    Huh. Anyway I think developers create “Go to definition” in new releases.

Okay, I’m ask it again. Users, please reply here if you interested in Russian localization of IDE9. I don’t want to spend my time for remaking IDE8 localization to IDE9 for nobody.