Will Komodo 9 finally be the Komodo that has all those niggles and bugs ironed out?

I respect your opinion and I can certainly see where you are coming from, but this was a calculated move. The reasoning being that Komodo is now 15 years old and the old bug tracker had bugs dating back almost a decade, most of which arent even relevant anymore. The system had gone through several managers and simply got to the point where it was being more of a “bug” in itself. The choice was made to start fresh and ensure that the new database is properly curated. We did not simply dump bugzilla, we are still using it and will continue to use it (reference it) for the next couple of months while we complete our transition. We kindly ask people to move their bugs to the new system simply to ensure that their bug reports are properly transitioned.

Always very happy to receive bug reports, its hard to fix something when you don’t know its broken, and its hard to prioritize something when you don’t know who is affected. So thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve been watching this thread for a while, and appreciate seeing the give and take from both perspectives (long-time users, Komodo dev team). One of the more interesting threads on the forum to date…

@nathanr I’ve probably just missed it if it has been stated somewhere previously, but is the above statement from you sort of an official encouragement to replicate entries we care about from the old bug tracking system into Github as issues? I logged a few things during the v9 release candidate stage, and we had a fair amount of back-and-forth on a couple threads here in the forums particularly on the new filetype icons. I’d like to see those things get resolved and I am willing to replicate them in Github, but I also don’t want to waste your time (and my own) if you are still paying attention to entries which are still relevant in the old bug tracking system.

You can take it that way; we’re not explicitly asking anyone to do that, it’s not your job to move over issues. We simply suggest it if users want to ensure that their issue is getting all the attention it needs. As I said we will be referencing bugzilla, but it’ll be much easier for us to find your issue on github, simply because its not hidden behind tons and tons of old (and now irrelevant) bugs.