Tab order and selected tab not remembered by project

Komodo fast open only let’s me select files, not directories to add. To add a directory, I have to do so outside of komodo, using go

.So what does happen when you ‘go’ to a file? Shouldn’t it open it with it’s default association?

Eh? In Fast Open dialog, you can select a directory (in the fast open results list) and then click on the add shortcut button - and give it a shortcut name.

I actually only have folders mapped in Fast Open, no files.

• Carey

Which must have been mapped via go.py, because you can’t add folders from within komodo.

No, mapped through Fast Open.

The image below shows how you do it.

Offtop: paint master! :smiley:

Thanks for your patience, Carey.

I wasn’t seeing any folders at all in the normal listing until I turned on all of my gatherers. So, I turned them on. and saw the sub folders in my projects. So, I thought, I can add folders! But only those under gathered directories. The problem was that I thought the text box was only for typing shortcuts, not file system paths. I didn’t even try until I saw your image, and realized I was totally misunderstanding the fast open feature.

Doh! I’m feeling really, really foolish.

I already made a python 3 version of go, I’m going to add the functionality of running the default file association when a file, and not a directory, is passed to go.

Thanks for your patience with my jerkiness.
Wayne

Not a problem @Wayne. I suspected there was a fundamental misunderstand, or different expectation of functionality. Glad we got you sorted.

• Carey
1 Like