PySide Code completion

It’s very kind of him to help, but as he is not a Komodo developer and I am I think you should take my word over his … wink

Nathan, I’d be happy to take your word and help. But I’m in a production environment and I have to use every available resource that I can to get my work done in a timely manner. For now I have the Modo PySide dump in a custom location with Komodo pointing to it as an additional Python import directory. It does the trick but it is very unstable in that it seems to break autocompletion as a whole from time to time. If we can find a more official solution to this then I will definitely use that solution. But for the time being, I need to make use of this hack. But I’ll work with you as much as I can to get this resolved. :smile:

Could it be that the Python version you use has something to do with it? Have you tried both Python and Python 3?

I thought of this a while ago and did a full reinstall of Python on my machine. I can only use Python 2.7 due to it being standard in most CG software that we use. The only thing I can think of is to wipe all of my preference files and do a fresh install of Komodo. I’m kind of loath to do that though because I have a lot of customizations. But if we can’t get this solved I might take a shot at doing that.

You already said it works the same when putting it outside your app directory, so there is no reason to put it in your app directory and every reason not to. I don’t personally care whether you do so or not, it’s just a heads up. I will note that your trying to interpret what is being suggested to you and taking a spin on the suggestion does make room for human-error, and would suggest that at least for purposes of figuring out the problem you follow our suggestions to the letter, then once you know something works you can try to give it a spin of your own.

You can actually run Komodo with “temporary” settings, kinda like running your OS in safe mode. Try this: http://beta.docs.komodoide.com/Troubleshooting/How-do-I-Start-Komodo-with-Default-Settings

I actually just went and installed Komodo Edit 9.2 on one of my artists machine and tried installing the .cix file. I get the same result as on mine unfortunately. I actually have a whole render farm of machines I can try this on. So any suggestions you have I’d be happy to try in a fresh environment.

Try using a clean profile like explained in the link above.

Done. Same result as before.

Maybe it;s a windows issue. @careyh can you follow Mitchell’s steps and see if it works for you?

@nathanr,

I had no issue adding the cix file and getting completions for PySide. The only oddity was having to restart Komodo which @mitchell already mentioned is needed: PySide Code completion

I followed his steps exactly and it worked fine. This was on Windows 7.

• Carey

Well, as I mentioned to Mitchell in the bug I submitted I’m at a loss. I’ve tried half a dozen different machines (mac and windows) and I get the same result. The steps are pretty straightforward so I can’t imagine I’m missing anything. But if you guys are at a loss as well then I’m not sure what else can be done. It’s just that this is so weird that it’s working fine for you but not for us. There has to be something that is different, I just can’t think of what it would be. :confused:

Thanks for trying though, it’s appreciated.

This thread is really long and I gotta go to the dentist soon but I have a couple things just incase you haven’t tried the:

• Follow the steps with a clean profile: http://beta.docs.komodoide.com/Troubleshooting/How-do-I-Start-Komodo-with-Default-Settings

• Make sure that Komodo isn’t still scanning your code to build the database. You can check View > Tabs & Sidebars > Notifications and see if there is any mention of code intel scanning still. NO code intel will work if that’s the case. This is especially important if you do the above step of resetting your profile. Komodo has to rescan EVERYTHING, not just the one library. That can take a few minutes.

• Re-install. Pretty sure I saw defman mention that already though.

• Carey

Also, make sure you try the clean profile trick with the IDE version. It seems you did most of your tests on Edit and only once tried IDE.

Nope, I didn’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesterday I ran a bunch of tests on a handful of our farm machines. For the tests I was installing IDE.