Perl Remote Debug Hangs on connecting

I’m trying to use the remote debugger for perl. Komodo IDE is running on windows 7, perl is running on Linux connecting back to the IDE over a VPN. I can see that a connection is established since the “Total Connections” count increases in the debug listener status, but the debug session never starts.

I see this in the log which may or may not be related:

[2016-03-30 15:34:49,020] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on GTK2: key="u" modifiers="control,shift" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/tail/tail.xul:0
[2016-03-30 15:34:49,022] [WARNING] console-logger: Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="v" modifiers="control,alt" (1) in chrome://komodo/content/tail/tail.xul:0
[2016-03-30 15:34:50,099] [ERROR] ko.extensions.todo: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
TypeError: manager is undefined
+ stack
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.GetAndClearTheTodoTab@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:324:17
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.findAll@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:352:26
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.update@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:306:13
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.observe/update_func@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:220:29
-- EXCEPTION END --
[2016-03-30 15:34:50,117] [ERROR] ko.widgets: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
TypeError: callback is not a function
+ stack
    _FindResultsTab_Create/<@chrome://komodo/content/find/findResultsTab.js:129:9
    koWidgetManager_getWidgetAsync/<@chrome://komodo/content/library/widgets.js:322:25
-- EXCEPTION END --
[2016-03-30 15:34:51,259] [ERROR] ko.extensions.todo: 
-- EXCEPTION START --
TypeError: manager is undefined
+ stack
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.GetAndClearTheTodoTab@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:324:17
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.findAll@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:352:26
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.update@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:306:13
    this.TodoSearcher.prototype.observe/update_func@chrome://todo/content/todo-ko7.js:220:29
-- EXCEPTION END --

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi @tprocter,

That’s all that’s in your log file? Looks like you need to update you TODO extension but that doesn’t likely effect your Perl Debugging connection. Anything else in the logs?

• Carey

I may have found the issue. It looks like it was not correctly finding the komodo debugger folder but still managing to make the network connection running perl -d. I Fixed the PERL5LIB variable, and it’s working now, but I’m also on a different network so I can’t rule out a network issue.

Was there a particular error that lead you to that solution or did you just follow the setup steps again?

There was no other error, I was just double-checking the setup. One thing that might have helped is if the debugger had a bit of branding on startup to make it more obvious if the komodo debugger wasn’t active.

Fair idea: Please file an enhancement request:https://github.com/Komodo/KomodoEdit/issues/new

I think that’s a good idea.

Thank you for getting back on my last question.

• Carey