Need some help building komodo on Windows

@babobski, try adding the --disable-webrtc option when you configure.

I’m pretty sure at some point while working on Komodo I’ve had to use that option, though I’m 90% sure none of our build machines use it. Double checking that.

• Carey

EDIT: Confirmed that option is not included in our build machines but I’m still certain you’ll be fine to include the above option.

Oke, will do. Will report back when the results are in.

Thanks, that did the trick.
When I now run bk build I’m getting the following error:

Maximum ID is 2901
do "Construct" failed, '.' is no longer in @INC; did you mean do "./Construct"? at C:\Users\wie_w\Documents\Github\KomodoEdit\bin\cons.pl line 545.

If I run bk run after it is done building Komodo, I’m getting a error that it can not find the specified path.

Got some bad news, I aborted the operation. I somehow wrecked my Komodo 10.3 and Komodo 11.0.2 configuration. When compiling I was getting a svnversion error, so I installed tortoise SVN to fix this issue, but this did not fix it. So I installed Apache subversion, this included the svnversion.

Only when I had both of them installed Komodo was giving me errors and my auto completion stopped. Also my project and global preferences would not stick anymore my PHP interpreter was constantly missing and was unable to set project directories to scan. So to fix this issue I retraced my steps and began uninstalling everything I have installed. Only did not do the trick.

For Komodo 10.2 I went for a clean install, removed profile folder and reinstalled Komodo, this worked but I still have a lot to configure and still my PHP interpreter doesn’t get saved.
For Komodo 11 I removed the preferences related to SVN, the patterns for excluding in the places and I think the files to exclude for scanning. This seems to work, and here my php interpreter is saved as well.

In the process of finding out what was going, I uninstalled almost all of the prerequisites for building Komodo.
So I’m currently aborting the operation for building Komodo, but I the near future I will give it another try.

It really sounds like you are not using the right env. Are you using the setenv script?

Btw the Construct error sounds like you ran bk from the wrong folder.

I know you’re a Windows user, but fwiw it is much easier to build Komodo on Linux, especially if you use Docker.

I’m did use the setenv-moz-msvc11.bat command before I ran the configure and build commands.
I’m running the bk from the root directory, from the mozilla directory cd ...

I believe you that it’s much easier to build Komodo on Linux, but I got pretty far (I think).
Will gave it a other try in the near feature, now i know what I need to have installed and set up to get to this point.

@babobski, That SUCKS. Sorry things blew up on you like that.

FYI, you can see what your successful configure command was for Mozilla by looking at C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\ActiveState\openkomodo-dev\config-[#].py just incase you lose your Mozilla build. You shouldn’t need to rebuild it though now that you have it built.

• Carey

As always, building things on Windows is PITA… :wink:

Shit happens, I think it had to do with all the diffrent SVN I installed.
Thanks for the information!, I already removed my mozilla build in the struggle to get everything working again.

But I definitely are going to give it a other try.