Komodo IDE v10 messes up code indentation w/ vi emulation

I am coming from Komodo v9 also using vi emulation (MacOS). When loading code in Komodo v10 (that was previously rendered ok in v9) the indentation is freaky.

“the indentation is freaky”. Would you please be more explicit? I don’t know what you mean.

1 Like
    Lines of code that were vertically aligned previously are no longer vertically aligned.
    EX:
    Previous:
          code line 1
          code line 2
          code line 3
          code line 4

Now looks like:
          code line 1
              code line 2
              code line 3
      code line 4

What’s more likely is you were using a mixed combination of tabs and spaces as indentation and your Komodo 9 indentation settings made it seem like the lines were vertically aligned, but when you upgraded to Komodo 10 you started using different indentation settings that rendered the lines in such a way they appeared “freaky”.

This is all speculation of course. I still don’t have much to go on. If you have more information, please let me know.

Is there a setting to just have Komodo see ‘raw’ white space, maybe converting tabs to a designated number of spaces?

You can view whitespace with View > View Whitespace. Tabs show up as arrows and spaces show up as dots. Code > Tabify Region and Code > Untabify region toggle tabs and spaces.

1 Like

Thank you.