Indentation problem in some files

Unfortunately, the command you suggested did not change the indentation. :disappointed:

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Itā€™s very interesting why indent is such big then.

This sounds like a bug in our indentation auto-detection (the ā€œallow file contents to override tab and indentation settingsā€ checkbox). If you are able, could you open an issue on our bug tracker and attach the problematic file? If you cannot attach the problematic file due to privacy concerns, please send it to us at ā€œsupport at activestate.comā€ and reference the github ticket number in the subject line. Thanks.

He did uncheck that Mitchell and said that it doesnā€™t help. However, I can see that this is checked in Prefs and probably in per-file settings, but not in Project settings. Maybe he didnā€™t re-open the file.

Bingo!

The problem was fixed once I unchecked ā€œallow file contents to override tab and indentation settingsā€ in preferences, closed the file, and re-opened.

This is not a great change to be making, though, since I need to edit files that are using spaces instead of tabs.

1 Like

Since Mitchellā€™s post is more informative than mine, Iā€™ll mark his post as the solution. Regardless, please file a bug for that :slight_smile:

You can disable tabs on per-project settings and keep them everywhere exclude this project if you like using tabs.

That will work. Thanks for the help!

I was able to repeat this issue in Komodo IDE, version 10.2.2, build 89895, platform win32-x86.
Built on Fri Apr 28 17:11:08 2017.

Good news though: I found the only lines that had problems were those that had a (TAB)# comment.

By changing the (TAB)# ā€¦ to (SPACES)# ā€¦ the auto-indent worked immediately and 100% correct.

Still a bug though.

Komodo Edit, version 10.2.2, build 17703, platform linux-x86_64. Built on Sat Apr 29 00:10:22 2017.

I have a similar issue with a PHP file.
The indentation for tab chars was set in config for the editor, PHP file type AND the current file to be equal to 4 spaces.

It was showing as 8, I went to the config set it to 2 spaces, saved the config then set it back to 4, then it worked for me.

require('ko/editor').scimoz().tabWidth
Number 8

require('ko/editor').scimoz().tabWidth
Number 4