How to remove "LF" after every line

I’ve somehow managed to do a key combination that added a “LF” to the end of every line.

How do I get rid of it?

PLEASE!

Thank you.

Hey @samson,

You’re looking for View menu > View EOL markers. I don’t see a default key binding.

Pro-tip for Komodo:

You can run any command available in Komodo from the Commando tool. If you open Commando (ctrl+shift+O) then type
cmd key words of command
you can generally find what you’re looking for.

In this case I opened Commando and wrote
cmd view line
and I found Show/Hide End of Lines: cmd_viewEOL.

• Carey

Thanks, @careyh.

I just want to get rid of these LFs. How do I do that?

I don’t even know how they got there.

You can’t remove them. (You can actually, just remove any lines). These are newlines. Just do what Carey suggested to do :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Defman. I know what LF is.

How do I get rid of it?

When I open up ‘commando’ and type ‘cmd view line’ and hit enter nothing happens.

Alt menu (or the menubar) - View - View EOL markers.

@careyh fyi when I’m searching for cmd view line, the first result will be “Document online: show/hide details”. It’s better to do something like cmd view eol. At this point, pressing Enter would execute the right command.

Thanks, @Defman. I figured it out.

Also, FWIW, I’m in IDE 8.5 so I’m not sure what ‘Alt menu’ means as I only have a ‘View’ menu and that’s where I went to fix it.

Also, hitting enter after being in ‘commando’ just makes the window close. I get no output of anything.

Lil constructive criticism for ActiveState: What’s also odd is that under View -> View EOL Markers there is no key command listed next to that menu item so undoing what somehow got done would always require way more searching than one really wants to do as their probably deep in code and at that point it is 100% hassle.

Thanks again for your help though.

In Komodo X, the menubar (where the View menuitem is) is hidden by default and to show it, you have to hit Alt. More over, I don’t remember Commando being available in Komodo 8.5. But that’s not important. Glad you fixed that :slight_smile:

You’re missing the point. You’re assuming that the person knows the terminology that we use for what they are looking for. I’m just giving a generic help tip to find ANY command, @defman, not explicit instructions. Use generic terms first or use more specific if you know a better term.

@samson, I said it in my response:

I also address this in my comment. There is no key binding for it so there is nothing to show, unless you’ve set one up, then it is shown in the menu.

• Carey