How To Allow Komodo IDE Access To My computer Clipboard

Hello Mitchell,
What is to happen next?
Am I going to be left to struggle with the program or do you have plans for further investigation into the problem ?
You are the makers of the program and your vast expertise should enable you solve this problem.
Do you know of any expert I could pay to look into the problem ? Working with the program is not that easy when it cannot copy and paste.
Regards.

Going over this thread it is not clear to me whether you tried running Komodo under a new user account on your computer, you went from “my license isn’t working on this new account” to “I reinstalled Komodo” without telling us whether the new account did anything for you, or if you attempted that.

The fact is the problem is most likely caused by another program on your computer interfering with Komodo, most likely an overzealous security-related software. It’s hard for us to figure out what that is as we are not the developers of THAT software, nor do we have direct access to your computer.

After I re-installed komodo, I tried the new account again but nothing changed.
I only have dedicated secuirity software on my other computers and not on the laptop komodo is on. I depend on the Windows Defender program on that lap top to take care of security issues and it works very well. It has not flagged up komodo as a security risk when I run scans with it.
Would you like to have remote access to my laptop to see what may me causing the problem?

Hello Mitchell,
I have been technically advised that the reason I am having trouble with copy and paste is because the IDE is only compatible with Windows Visita Service Pack 2 and earlier.
Does this give you a pointer as to how the problem could be solved?
I am now usind Windows 10.

Regards

This isn’t true at all, who told you this? We support Windows 7 and 8, I am using Windows 10 myself without issues and it will soon be added to the supported OSes.

Please a copy of the Trouble shhoting report I have been given.
It makes it clear that “komodo is incompatible”. under "Issues Found."

Program
Compatibility Trouble-shooter

Publisher details

Issues found

Incompatible Program
Incompatible
Program
komodo is incompatible.

Detected

Fix program komodo

Completed

Issues
found

Detection details

Incompatible
Program

Detected

Komodo is incompatible.

Fix
  program komodo

Completed

Provides steps to
fix the incompatible program.

Compatibility
  Mode

Compatibility
  modes applied:

Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Scaling on high DPI

Run as administrator

User verification: Fix didn't work

Detection
details

Collection information

Computer Name:

TRAININGPC

Windows Version:

Architecture:

x64

Time:

13 October 2015
17:46:26

Publisher
details

Program Compatibility
Trouble-shooter

Find and fix
problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.

Package Version:

Publisher:

Microsoft Windows

Program Compatibility
Trouble-shooter

Find and fix
problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.

Package Version:

Publisher:

Microsoft
Corporation

That is an automated error report by windows, the causes could be numerous and I would certainly not call that a “technical advice”, it is a crash report that should be taken for what it is.

Could you please record a video of you reproducing the copy/paste issue on Komodo? I feel like we are missing an important detail here that may be exposed simply by seeing you using Komodo.

You are implying that I do not know how to do a copy and paste operation!!!. I take this to be a very rude insult and I do not think that is the way you should be interacting with ActiveState customers. I can do copy and paste in all other other programs except komodo ? Why are you being so defensive about this issue? I did not write the technical report I have sent you. Please do not be so patronising with me. I decided to buy the program out of good faith that it would be a marvellous program… I did not buy it to be insulted and belittled by you. This is the second time you have done it. Do it again and I will raise the matter with AcyiveState managemement. I hope you get this clearly. I am not going to the video.Stop being so defensive.

Moses Mirundi

I’m sorry I don’t see how ensuring that someone is following the correct procedure is insulting. We’ve tried a ton of things here so it is not unreasonable for me to consider that you may be doing things in a way that Komodo does not know how to handle. It is your prerogative to get offended by whatever you wish, but I don’t feel I asked for anything unreasonable.

I am not being defensive at all, I am being factual and am trying to narrow down the issue. As said we have tried numerous approaches but can get no further. At this point what would be most assistive to us figuring out why your computer (and yours alone - no one else appears to be having this issue) is for you to literally show us what is happening.

I would appreciate if we can continue this thread in a professional tone. I am in no way, shape or form trying to sound insulting, defensive or patronizing. But I’m not about to refrain from asking the obvious questions on the off-chance that someone may take it as an attack against their character.

Once again, I am not going to do a video. It is a distraction from the real issue -which is that copy and paste is not working and needs to be fixed…In future I would rather deal with someone else who is schooled in how to deal with people in general and customers in particular. You in particular have made my customer experience with ActiveState quite sour and deeply regratable-the way you deal with people ( at least in my case) is is out of this planet and I very much hope that I will not have to deal with you again. You are not ActiveState . There are good people there at ActiveState ( I have dealt with some of them already). You are not one of them. ActiveState is much larger than you. You can wield out your ego with your so-called responsility to ask questions but you are not going to do that with me. I hope that this is the last time I have had the misfortune of dealing with you and that in future I will be dealing with more reasonable people there.
If the need arises, I will get in touch with your management to flag out the issue that copy and paste is not working and your defensiveness about the issue is simply delaying the day when it will be sorted out and make komodo a very woderful IDE.

Moses Mirundi

I’m going to close this thread. You don’t want to talk in a professional tone nor don’t want to help us solving your issue (a video could be very appreciated). Copy/paste works fine for everyone excepts you and nobody has no ideas what’s going on there.

2devs: feel free to open this thread, but I’m not sure you’ll get a response from the topicstarter.

Continuing the discussion from How To Allow Komodo IDE Access To My computer Clipboard:

Hello Mitchell,
SUCCESS
I have got in touch with Microsoft UK who put me in touch with an expert in the US who solved my copy and paste problem in komodo remotely over the phone.
My komodo is now working as expected and everything is fine.
I am over the moon about it.
So, please close this topic as I don’t think I will need to pursue it further.
Microsoft has been extremely helpful and extremely efficient.

Regards

Moses Mirundi

Hi Moses,

I’m very happy to hear you solved the issue :slight_smile: Do you mind sharing the steps you used so that others who experience this can benefit from your advice?

Cheers

Hello Mitchell,
The expert first went to your webisite ActiveState.com and did several tests there.He then installed some drivers in my computer to make komodo copy and paste even if no text looks highlighted when you drag the mouse over it. So you just drag the mouse over the text .The text will be highlighted invisibly but it will be selected,copied and pasted where you want it pasted.
That is it.

Regards

Moses Mirundi