How do you (if it is possible) add a file to a project?

I have a - or at least want to have - a Tcl project - it is a specific directory which has a *.komodoproject file in it. I have created three *.tcl files in that directory. The most recent tcl file I created does not show up on the left when the “open folder” icon is clicked. I created this with the project open. I closed the project and re-opened it and it still doesn’t know about this third fie. I notice that no files are listed in the project file which has me baffled as to why it sees two but not the third, and what exactly a project file is used for, if not to hold the locations and names of files in the project .

Did you create your files outside of Komodo? If so, you may need to right-click > Refresh View in the places pane.

HI @komodingo,

If @mitchell suggestion doesn’t work then you could try the work around in this ticket:

Basically, you change the Place root directory then try the “refresh” function again.

It’s a reference point so Komodo can perform contextual actions on your project files. The project file stores no information about specific files in your project. It does store meta information about your project:

• Project root dir
  • Project level prefs
  • Project name
  • etc.
  • Carey

Did you create your files outside of Komodo? If so, you may need to right-click > Refresh View in the places pane.

I created it inside of Komodo and with this project open… However, when I started Komodo this time and opened that project, all three files were showing in “Places” without me having to do a “Refresh View”. But thanks for the tip I will try a “Refresh View” if I run into this again.

It’s a reference point so Komodo can perform contextual actions on your project files. The project file stores no information about specific files in your project. It does store meta information about your project:

• Project root dir
  • Project level prefs
  • Project name
    etc.

Thanks for this info. I will assume that a projects’ files must all reside in the same directory as the project file. But that is normal anyway.

My bad! That’s not true. That file CAN store specific file path information. You can “add” files to the project by right clicking > Add. You can add single files, folders and remote files/folder. This is so people don’t have to have a Komodo project file in their project folder.

Sorry for the confusing @komodingo.

• Carey